Options

a guitar hero pearl jam style game

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
edited July 2008 in The Porch
... would be sweet! guitar hero aerosmith is out, and soon guitar hero metallica. let's just hope there's no guitar hero kayne west game. ha.

a guitar hero pearl jam video game would be just amazing. amazing i'll tell ya's!

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    ya know, you COULD just buy a guitar and actually learn the songs yourself. think about it, picking up a guitar and playing whatever song you please! what a concept!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    long red wrote:
    ya know, you COULD just buy a guitar and actually learn the songs yourself. think about it, picking up a guitar and playing whatever song you please! what a concept!

Haha. Thank you.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    long red wrote:

mama mia! i didn't think about that? what the fuck is wrong with me.

i just think it would be so cool to play 2 player online gaming with pearl jam friends from all over the world. also have a cool action/adventure type plot etc.. imo, it would rock. to have a very own pearl jam guitar hero game.

it's sunday. i'm tired. i worked this morning, then did a bbq jam. later back to work i go. d'oh!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    long red wrote:

There's a difference between playing a game and learning an instrument. Just because someone can take maybe an hour out of the day to play a game does not mean they have the time and commitment to learn an instrument.

If you play the songs on an actual guitar good for you, don't bring down others who are just trying to have fun.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    There's a difference between playing a game and learning an instrument. Just because someone can take maybe an hour out of the day to play a game does not mean they have the time and commitment to learn an instrument.

If you play the songs on an actual guitar good for you, don't bring down others who are just trying to have fun.

i stink at guitar, but i just find it funny how people spend hours playing a plastic guitar when they could just TRY the real thing.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    long red wrote:
    i stink at guitar, but i just find it funny how people spend hours playing a plastic guitar when they could just TRY the real thing.

I tried to play guitar once and it was way too frustrating for me. So years later when Guitar Hero came out I decided to get it and think of it only as a game- unlike some people who think they're gods when they're good at it.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
    That would be awesome, I love that game!!!
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I tried to play guitar once and it was way too frustrating for me. So years later when Guitar Hero came out I decided to get it and think of it only as a game- unlike some people who think they're gods when they're good at it.

THEY WILL BE COMING OUT WITH A GAME THAT IS SIMILAR TO GH WHERE YOU CONNECT A REAL GTR.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME

I FOUND A LINK

http://www.guitarrising.com/
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    SBC03 wrote:
    THEY WILL BE COMING OUT WITH A GAME THAT IS SIMILAR TO GH WHERE YOU CONNECT A REAL GTR.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME

I FOUND A LINK

http://www.guitarrising.com/

not bad at all. would be interested in something like this.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I'm against any singular GH game. Seems like it would get boring fast just playing the same songs by the same band over and over and over. GH World Tour, apparently, is going to be like Rock band. It's also supposed to have more songs than any other GH game.

I'll never understand why people give other people so much shit for something they like to do, such as playing GH/RB.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    i was talking to some pj people about this..

they should just take a game like guitar hero and you should just be able to download ANY song you want.. and probably pay for it.. maybe hook up with i tunes or something and then spend ages making all the guitar parts!

but it would be sweet to have a guitar hero focused on each band.. but having a big database of everything would be sweet too... just download through what console you are using.
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i was talking to some pj people about this..

they should just take a game like guitar hero and you should just be able to download ANY song you want.. and probably pay for it.. maybe hook up with i tunes or something and then spend ages making all the guitar parts!

but it would be sweet to have a guitar hero focused on each band.. but having a big database of everything would be sweet too... just download through what console you are using.

In GH World Tour you're supposed to be able to make your own tracks.

From Wiki:

Custom songs

Guitar Hero World Tour will allow players to create their own songs and to share them with others through the Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection internet capabilities. Vocals are not supported in this mode due to copyright concerns.[4][6] Originally, the game was to contain a "Jam Over" mode, which would allow players to create new tracks over the existing songs on the disk,[6] but Activision had stated that this mode had been taken out of the game.[7]
    Guitar Hero World Tour will allow for users to create their own songs note-by-note or in real time.
    Guitar Hero World Tour will allow for users to create their own songs note-by-note or in real time.

The "Advanced Studio" mode allows the creation of new and original pieces of music, and is stated by Game Informer to be similar to Apple's GarageBand software. The player can create the tracks for each song by playing it in real or slowed time, with the game quantizing offbeat notes to the nearest beat as set by the player, or tracks can be constructed one note at a time. Both guitar and drum effects can be set and changed through the song.[6] The notes played by the user will be the default "Expert" difficulty track, and the lower difficulty versions will be generated by the game.[8] IGN reported that they were able to create a near perfect version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana.

Custom songs will be able to be uploaded to the "GH Tunes" service, which will be used to allow other players to rate songs, and to search and download songs by these ratings, and will include a Showcase by Neversoft to offer some of the best user works alongside new songs from popular artists. Players will only be able to upload five songs to the service at the start, but players that have highly rated songs will gain the ability to upload more. The PlayStation 2 version of the game will feature custom song creation, but will not support the uploading service.[6]

I'm not sure about GH3 but I know the PS3 and 360 versions of RB allow you to download new songs/song packs.
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    In GH World Tour you're supposed to be able to make your own tracks.

From Wiki:

Custom songs

Guitar Hero World Tour will allow players to create their own songs and to share them with others through the Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection internet capabilities. Vocals are not supported in this mode due to copyright concerns.[4][6] Originally, the game was to contain a "Jam Over" mode, which would allow players to create new tracks over the existing songs on the disk,[6] but Activision had stated that this mode had been taken out of the game.[7]

The "Advanced Studio" mode allows the creation of new and original pieces of music, and is stated by Game Informer to be similar to Apple's GarageBand software. The player can create the tracks for each song by playing it in real or slowed time, with the game quantizing offbeat notes to the nearest beat as set by the player, or tracks can be constructed one note at a time. Both guitar and drum effects can be set and changed through the song.[6] The notes played by the user will be the default "Expert" difficulty track, and the lower difficulty versions will be generated by the game.[8] IGN reported that they were able to create a near perfect version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana.

Custom songs will be able to be uploaded to the "GH Tunes" service, which will be used to allow other players to rate songs, and to search and download songs by these ratings, and will include a Showcase by Neversoft to offer some of the best user works alongside new songs from popular artists. Players will only be able to upload five songs to the service at the start, but players that have highly rated songs will gain the ability to upload more. The PlayStation 2 version of the game will feature custom song creation, but will not support the uploading service.[6]

I'm not sure about GH3 but I know the PS3 and 360 versions of RB allow you to download new songs/song packs.

difference is that you won't be mike mccready,stone jeff or matt and you won't hear ev's voice .

it would be awesome if there was a guitar hero pearl jam . you can start as hippy looking mike then to butch hair mike. you could be able to unlike dave a , jack irons, maybe even chamberlin. one of the stages could be live at the garden 2003.
  • Options
    long red wrote:

That's what I tell all those effing guitar hero fanatics.
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    long red wrote:

Ive been playing guitar for 10 years and know about 95 percent of Pearl Jams catalouge but I do have to say that Guitar hero is a lot of fun. Especially for people who dont know how to play you just pick it up and feel like a rock star. Its great for gatherings and Im sure there are people who if they are that obsessed with the game do attempt to pick up an instrument. If you dont have the ambition or the time to practice over and over then you can go back to the videogame. It doesnt matter If im playng with a real guitar or a plastic one Im still jumping up as high as I can on the YEAH in Even Flow
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I just started playing GH a while back and enjoy the hell out of it as someone who had not played video games in about 12 years (since college). Even Flow is on GH III as one of the encores
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all