Options

got no car ... got no gas. need to get to toronto ... from montreal fast.

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
edited July 2008 in The Porch
ok. still planning, and things are not looking so good. work has got me by the neck. getting pretty tired. :(

talked to a few friends, for a ride from montreal to toronto, but i have no luck. so there's options ..

don't want to rent a car, cause the hotel's i'm staying don't have parking lots, and i don't want to pay more money for vala each night. plus got so much on my mind, no time to think while driving from montrel to toronto .. which i haven't done before ..

also, it looks like i have nobody to take to both toronto nights. i have 10club tickets for both nights. night 2, might be taken. there's somebody that will get back to me. it's still not official yet. as for night 1, it's there for grabs .. well .. ..

anybody got links, pages etc.. which other means i can get my nova scotia butt from montreal to toronto? via train, air plane, helicoptor .. anything ..

i'm doing both wishlist foundation preparties in montreal & both wishlist foundation preparties in toronto.

any help would be sweet. you would be thank'd by thy gods you will. :)

D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    https://reservia.viarail.ca/search/tripresult.aspx?t=D

:)
    Hope it maybe helps a little.

I trained and bussed my pregnant self around Canada in 05.

It was really easy.

Good Luck!

(I bet you find a ride though!! ;) )

wow...I just priced it out. The ones I picked came to 173.00 Canadian.....
  • Options
    brainofcbrainofc Posts: 60
    demetrios wrote:
    ok. still planning, and things are not looking so good. work has got me by the neck. getting pretty tired. :(

talked to a few friends, for a ride from montreal to toronto, but i have no luck. so there's options ..

don't want to rent a car, cause the hotel's i'm staying don't have parking lots, and i don't want to pay more money for vala each night. plus got so much on my mind, no time to think while driving from montrel to toronto .. which i haven't done before ..

also, it looks like i have nobody to take to both toronto nights. i have 10club tickets for both nights. night 2, might be taken. there's somebody that will get back to me. it's still not official yet. as for night 1, it's there for grabs .. well .. ..

anybody got links, pages etc.. which other means i can get my nova scotia butt from montreal to toronto? via train, air plane, helicoptor .. anything ..

i'm doing both wishlist foundation preparties in montreal & both wishlist foundation preparties in toronto.

any help would be sweet. you would be thank'd by thy gods you will. :)

D

Check out Greyhound. As long as you book it in advance you could probably do it for $50-$60 which is much cheaper then renting a car and paying for parking.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    you don't have to pack your things, you can borrow all of mine.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    ^^^^ Oh! I just did the same thing and typed in August 11th. It looks like there's a lot of choices. Unfortunately I'm not much help because I have to go home in between Montreal and Toronto but the train looks like a reasonable choice. The time it takes is definitely less than a drive from Montreal to Toronto.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Flying Porter might not be a bad idea.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    bump, good luck D. I know that someone here will help you out.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Hitch- Hiiiiiiiiiiker !!!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Via rail is easy, but it depends on your budget. I use it all the time to go back and forth from Ottawa to Toronto. It's reasonable, but you might be able to find an even cheaper flight these days.

EDIT: Just checked the site and if you book in advance (which means sometime very soon as the discounted tickets sell out quickly), the 'special fare' for one way to Toronto is $66, which is really really good. There are a few different discounted ticket prices, depending on the terms of your ticket, but special is the cheapest. The only catch is special fare is non-refundable, non-exchangeable...but this isn't something you would be canceling anyway! I'd say book it in the next few days if you don't find a car buddy, since it's the cheapest way to do it other than Greyhound, which is probably not a big difference in price and is a loooooong bus ride vs. a train that will get you there in half the time with no traffic.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    thanks for the help! will check those out! :)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Hitch- Hiiiiiiiiiiker !!!!
    Yeah, D, you might bump into your fellow Newfie, Joe.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I might know a guy (me) who manages the hotel you are staying and would be happy to provide free parking to someone who is working on such a noble cause
  • Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    There must be people going to both Montreal and Toronto shows that could give him a lift???

I'm doing both, but I have to come back to Ottawa to work the Monday otherwise I would have put you in my trunk dude. Sorry.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    anyone who wants to offer D a ride????
    i can provide references for him :)
    just ask anyone of us at wishlist
    D is AWESOME!!!!

i'd give him a ride to TO if i were there
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    I might know a guy (me) who manages the hotel you are staying and would be happy to provide free parking to someone who is working on such a noble cause

don't think i'm gonna rent a car. think i'm gonna go by via train or plane. but check your pm for a sweet offer. :)
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    anyone who wants to offer D a ride????
    i can provide references for him :)
    just ask anyone of us at wishlist
    D is AWESOME!!!!

i'd give him a ride to TO if i were there

sweet! :)
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:

hmm .. don't think i've seen Joe before. might aswell do the hitchhiking jam.
  • Options
    alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    hitchhike then you can say
    ''Im thumbin my way back to toronto
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    remember all the shirts you'll have to drag along ;)

ANYWAY SOMEONE GIVE THE MAN A RIDE... he's not too dangerous ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    mertmert Posts: 167
    I can give you a ride, but it would only be part way. You'd end up in Kingston in the middle of the night. It's a little more than halfway, though. Just a thought, if no one else can, and then train or bus fare would be cheaper. You'd have to put up with my music choices though - it's a little all over the place! ;)

PM me if you're interested! I need next to no notice (but at least the Friday before the shows).
  • Options
    D's a good guy. Please, someone help him out. He's completly harmless!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    Bump for D . . . someone hook him up please :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:

Buddy calling a nova scotian a Newfie is like calling an Aussie a Kiwi !!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    thanks guy's. but so far, it's looks like i'll be taking the plane. it's ok.

just got back from work. checked my email. got sweet news to tell. both toronto ed preparties is set. got a reply back from the manager from elephant & castle, pub & restaurant. she would love to have us for both day's! :)

it's just a minute away from massey hall, plus it's right beside my hotel! SWEET! :)

i got a reply yesterday on a few montreal pubs. with no luck on those dates (august 9 & 10). still searching. also been emailing a few parties for beneficiaries. will try to get all that ready soon.

found a friend who would be able to move the boxes from montreal to toronto. don't know how many boxes can fit in her car though. but she would be interested to help out! :) anybody interested if it's so much, and attending both montreal & toronto show's, please pm me. i would forever be in your debt, as this is my first time organizing something like this.

just planning, so sorry for the long rant. today was a such a great day. tomorrow, i'm going to a first aid course .. all day thing. with an hour lunch break. yippy!! no ceramic tile & marble work for me tomorrow. but i'll be working the weekend once again. d'oh!
  • Options
    Bump for D . . . someone hook him up please :)

agreed !!!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    mert wrote:
    I can give you a ride, but it would only be part way. You'd end up in Kingston in the middle of the night. It's a little more than halfway, though. Just a thought, if no one else can, and then train or bus fare would be cheaper. You'd have to put up with my music choices though - it's a little all over the place! ;)

PM me if you're interested! I need next to no notice (but at least the Friday before the shows).

thank you for the offer. but staying in the middle of the night in kingston, place i haven't been before, with goods, i'm sorry.

as for music choices. don't worry. i'm down on anything. just no kayne west!!!! ha.
  • Options
    mertmert Posts: 167
    demetrios wrote:
    thank you for the offer. but staying in the middle of the night in kingston, place i haven't been before, with goods, i'm sorry.

as for music choices. don't worry. i'm down on anything. just no kayne west!!!! ha.

I figured, but I didn't want to assume! ;) (and for the record, K-Town is pretty innocuous.... :)) Open invitation though, if plans fall through!
  • Options
    mert wrote:
    I figured, but I didn't want to assume! ;) (and for the record, K-Town is pretty innocuous.... :)) Open invitation though, if plans fall through!

np. :)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    bump
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    bump

thanks man! :)

think i'm gonna take the airplane route, from montreal to toronto. i'm gonna book it tomorrow.