wookin pa nub in all the wong paces. wookin pa nub

the bullocksthe bullocks Posts: 3
edited September 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
the sun of the morning comes, and i know i'll have to foget for a while,
the love i lost when you went away, and left me spinning, like a child,
i do the things we used to do, all by myself,
but i don't have the tools,
sat down to draw a sunflower, and make my world a little more bright,
but i ended up with your face sketched there, and i don't know if i'll be alright.
i'm not in the know, i'm somewhere far behind i don't know my hands, i don't know my mind.
tried to replace you with Mike, then Dan, then Nick....but my heart's lost to you, and you're lost to me, and i'm starting to think that i'll never be happy. again.
i sit like a stone, feel the life underneth me,
something i'm a part of, but life is so hard to see,
when you're in the black.
the moon is a comfort as she begs me to sleep,
but she knows my heart and soul run much too deep
i still think of you, and i wish for the ocean to come carry me away,
but i have to remember not to forget, that i just made it through another day.
maybe in time i'll be okay.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    Ah lost love. An all too common thread in this insensitive bastard of a world.

It's as if it has to do with how some people are separated from others... it's all too subtle and complex for me.

But no doubt that, as time passes, the pain fades. The memory always does its job, that's true, but sooner or later, it becomes yet another romance novel with a bad ending that appears to be very personal to us. Oh it can still make us cry, sure, and it can make us shake our heads when we realize that we, too, were fools in our own right.

But by the end of remembrance, we realize that someboy threw away their gilded lily. And our gold will be someone else's to treasure, if a little better guarded the next time around.

You will heal. Love will see to that. ;)

good night. to you.

seta
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • thank you. i appriciate your kind words. i know time heals all wounds....but i think the heart is the slowest healer! thanks again.
  • setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    I have one other thing to add here, bullocks...

I have to have words with you because I now have that song stuck in my head 24/7.. and it's KILLING me.

And it's in YOUR version. Stop. Please. I'll do whatever it takes....
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • sorry!!!!;)
    I think you're talking about the "wookin pa nub" thing. i actually stole it from eddie murphy. he used to do it on SNL when he played Buckwheat.
    hope it gets out of your head soon. at least it's not a britney spears song...or that lalala song, those are the worst!!!!!
    cheers!