Options

Boot Talk : Tampa

Army & NavyArmy & Navy Posts: 120
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Well I've ordered 5 (Tampa, Bonn, Virginia, Hartford & Mansfield 2) - Gave my first listen to Tampa today, and was fearing the worst from hearing what others have said.

Have to say, I'm afraid I agree.

Mike is not in the mix, and only when its time for his solo, he gets turned up. The guitars are not well mixed, although the bass sounds good. Cameron is high in the mix but his drums sound different..Can't say how...

Eddie is abit suspect too..Fine when he's roaring, but he seems to be struggling staying in key when doing the lower bits (Given To Fly verse for example)

Generally I think the band is abit sloppy in general, hopefully down to it being only the 2nd show. Hope things better with the next ones
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I listened to tampa on PJlive.com and I thought it sounded terrible. Easily the worst boot I've heard. But then again, that couldve been an audience recording.

But dont worry, Im sure the others are fine because the bonnaroo boot sounds GREAT.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    i have all the boots..

the sound quality on west palm beach and tampa are awful..

The sound gets better with each boot.

I even find the sound quality bounces from good to great on some tracks within the boots..

Performance wise (I'm leaving out the MSG shows because they are always great) I would go with:

Camden 1
    Hartford ("Take no prisoners" performance)
    Mansfield 2 (monster show! best sound quality)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Oh wow, another one!
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    They seem to get MUCH better after Bonaroo(which I think sounds God-awful-I can't even listen to it). The Camden I may be the absolute very best PJ boot I've ever heard. Near-perfect mixing and mastering. Camden II also sounds excellent so far, but the band seemed tighter and more energized on the first night. I have yet to listen to my MSG I & II, but I hear very good things.