Options

A ASSIMENT: a poem

sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
edited November 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
Never realy writen poetry before, only lyrics, but I got a assiment in class to do one about poetry so hear go's nothing:

Poetry is my name:

Poetry is the name of the life i live
poetry is the voice in my head that fights the others for control
.......................................poetry is the fabric of the suit.....................................
.......................................I'm too afraid to were.................................................

POETRY:
the blanket the pigs steal and rap them selves in
the quiet word and the loud screamof GOD TELLING ME THE WORLD WILL END
unless i fight

Poetry is a life
not a death
..........sad, happy, dark, elusive, words, run, jump, steal, crawl, fire, class, RUN!!!
...............................calm down........steady your thoughts

poetry is the name of my sin
the words of my heros,and the ham on my plate
...........too much I may eat, but I never get sick......never refuse to share my food...just ask, just listen, not with your ears nor your eyes, nor any part of your body.................listen with you soul and laph, cry, live, die along with mine

POETRY IS MY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    holy god and sonny jesus boy that was good.

You are a jedi now, young skywalker.

You no longer need my guidance.
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    na' i'm more like anikan, so you better guide me or I'll turn to the dark side. And dont leave it up to obiwan (aka radar) cuz he's good but our relationship isnt as strong so he cant stop that chounserler (aka the emporer....aka darth sidious.....aka....ummm.....Pogonum7) from turning me to the darkside. Although in retrospect I'm not strong enough to defete he darkside so i must join in order to get my son (lets say.....aka.....you some how) to kill the emporer and defete the power of the darkside.

well that was pointless and confuseing......

.......much like my life
  • Options
    and mine.

also, I believe that Radar has been beaten and soiled enough for one day.

Don't you think RADAR? B.E.?

Bad bad people.
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    and ,,
    jump back i wanna kiss myself kinda
    poetry thing going there boy.
  • Options
    then you should kiss youself. everyone kiss yourself today...........and if the mood srikes ya', fuck yourself to
  • Options
    I have told you before:

I tire of self love, it does nothing for me. I am no longer the best I ever had, and I have no standards upon which to rest my hands. ahem.

self love sucks.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAA...

HAHAHA...

HAHA...

HA.

HA.

NO.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by setaside2
    self love sucks.
    Only if you're REALLY flexible.
  • Options
    I thought I felt a great disturbance in the Force.
    Then again, I just had Taco Bell, so disturbances are to be greatly expected.

I find that a quote from Lord of the Sith Darth Vader adequately sums up your ASSIMENT:
    "Impressive. Most impressive."

**whimper**

seta, our little boy is growing up before our eyes.
    It seems like only yesterday you were breast feeding him.

**whimper**
  • Options
    Awww you guys are making me wanna give up lyrics and just write poetry. but that would suck and i would die. i mustnt stray from my destany. that you for your comments........may the force be with you.
  • Options
    I have to tell you, those vests that hold two bottles are fucking expensive.

The ungrateful prodigy had better remember the little people, that's all I have to say.

radar, "I hate your whimper."

name THAT movie.

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by setaside2
    radar, "I hate your whimper."

name THAT movie.
    The Dark Crystal
    No I'm not that nerdy to know it off hand.
    With Google, I know all.
    Should I see it?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Radar(Baba)O'Riley
    The Dark Crystal
    No I'm not that nerdy to know it off hand.
    With Google, I know all.
    Should I see it?

Radar, I think you should see it. It was Jim Henson's dark masterpiece. I love it.

I was fortunate enough to witness an original mint print of it at an art house theater here in Denver a while back. It still has the magic, for certain.

Highly recommended.

In my top 10 Favorite movies of all time, and one of the few that is in that list every single day.
  • Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    i'm always pretty impressed by your lyrics seven - this poem is something special. hope you'll consider writing lyrics AND poems from now on. :)
  • Options
    Listen to coleen, my friend.

She's the smart one.
  • Options
    being that my GPA is .25, I have no choice.....yes masters.
  • Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    Originally posted by sevensins
    being that my GPA is .25, I have no choice.....yes masters.

one of the greatest things you will ever learn is that your GPA in no way predicts or indicates what you have to offer the world.

don't take that to mean that i don't take education seriously because i think its sin not to learn whatever you can in this life. but our public education system has this way of convincing us that those numbers predict our future. it doesn't seven - unless you let it.
  • Options
    you said both "seven" and sin in that sentence. Thats like saying beetlejuice 3 times! Now i will com to life & show up in your room.
  • Options
    Awesome poem...very deep. A masterpiece of words if you will.
    "Trying to be a person you're not is a waste of the person you really are."- Kurt D. Cobain (R.I.P February 20, 1967- April 5, 1994, we love u Kurt)

• Options
    wow...masterpiece......dont know what to say to that......thaks :).....that means alot, espetialy coming from a Kurdt Cobain lover.