I rocked it!!

RUNAWAYDLMDRUNAWAYDLMD Posts: 19
edited September 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
Just wanted to say that last night was one of my best nights ever!! I do some singing and tons of writing but I've never showcased it in public. Well last night we were at a bar celebrating a friends birthday and watching this band play, when the band took a break my two friends who each play the drums and guitar asked if they could jam out a little, and the band was cool with that. My friends were all setup and they called me up to sing. I was afraid at first, especially in front of people and a bunch of other friends that were there that had no clue I do this. But there I was on stage, just spilling it all out. Just wanted to say it was the best feeling ever!!! I loved it!!! Pearl Jam is one of biggest inspirations, and Eddie is one of the reasons why I took up writing and singing.....So thanks Eddie and the crew!!!
DON'T LET ME DOWN!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's friggin cool, man.
    Nervous energy still energizes.
    Did you play PJ songs or just jam?
  • That's the coolest advice. "Nervous energy still energizes" I've had that on my mind ever since I saw your reply. I love it! My friends are still calling me about tuesday night.I just love the feedback I'm getting. This is all awesome. And thanks for that line, it really does help. And as to your question, no, I didn't do any Pearl Jam covers, it was all original stuff. But if I were to do a PJ cover I would do Footsteps, Nothingman, Release, Breathe, Cordoroy, Betterman, Up here in my tree, Save you, Given to fly, Thumbing My Way And definitley a version of Don't let me down/Save it for later. Man, I could actually go on forever.....
    Thanks again!!!
    DON'T LET ME DOWN!!!!
  • i bet you sucked, jk

usually people that are good have a hard time getting up there
    and dont do it for a while

all the cheesedick college bands are the first to mop the stage
    "thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
    thiers still time so escape,,,,
    auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "