Options

the "I fucking L O V E "far behind" thread"

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited December 2007 in The Porch
".....My showdow stays with me
as we leave it all
FAR BEHIND!!!!!!....."
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    i was just listening to that...very cool...

this album really kicks ass....
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    candlebox? i haven't heard that song since i saw 'em play a year or so ago.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    glasshouse wrote:
    ".....My showdow stays with me
    as we leave it all
    FAR BEHIND!!!!!!....."

I'm on board this train ... great tune.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    yeah it's such a great song! It reminds me of a mix between All Night and Breakerfall/The Who.
    "Music could provide the light you cannot resist" -R.E.M., "I'm Gonna DJ"

"My relationship with the band began as a love affair on the phone with Jeff." -Eddie Vedder, Rolling Stone, 10/28/93
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    "the world begins where the road ends.
    watch me leave it all behind!
    Far behind!!!!"
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    Kick-ass song!
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    bump
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    This song just gets me going! High energy ~ and I can't say enough about the words. I absolutely love this album, and think it is extremely relaxing.
  • Options
    yea I love hearing fast songs on an acoustic guitar, totally different sound. Wish it were longer though. This is probably the most likely song for PJ to play as a band if they want to incoperate some ed solo stuff in the future
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    im aboard! it is my second favorite behind the lil ditty in front of him, but man this song rocks! yee...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Love this song!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    First thing I thought of when I heard those first riffs was.. The Who.
    Great track!
  • Options
    my 2nd favorite song off the albumn. It great to know others are on board with this one as well.
    9/16/96, 7/18/98, 11/02/00, 08/4/01, 12/08/02, 4/13/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/01/05, 9/02/05, 7/06/06, 7/07/06, 7/09/06, 7/10/06, 7/20/06
    7/22/06, 7/23/06, 04/07/07, 8/3/07
  • Options
    cc10106 wrote:
    candlebox? i haven't heard that song since i saw 'em play a year or so ago.

lol, that's the first thought that came to mind when I saw the title too. I just finally got the CD & haven't given it a full listen, so I'll hold my opinion on it for now...Candlebox's was great though. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    I heard they are back together. Does anyone know if they have a new album in the works?
    They released some very good material back in the day.
    And they had a great drummer for a while! ;)
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001

lol yea they sure did. what year was it that he left them? i never remember
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    i'm highly disappointed with into the wild. most of the songs are a minute and a half long...very unimpressed with ed with ITW. i bought it having not heard one song or note from any song off it.simply b/c its eddie vedder for crying out loud.

just my own opinion
    my boredom has outshined the sun
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Very Whoish!

I love it!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I love it too! Just take my ipod and go biking through the park, makes me wanna keep going... into the WILD! :)
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    ripper song, ripper album
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Love this song, and I would love to hear Pearl Jam do this song. I totally got a Beatles/Lennon vibe from this song.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i do enjoy it.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    I heard they are back together. Does anyone know if they have a new album in the works?
    They released some very good material back in the day.

candlebox? yeah, i heard a semi-local interview with the lead singer (Keith? Kevin?) a few months ago. The band was playing the Greenville-Spartanburg area. My boss and her sister were friends with the lead singer back in the day. Seriously. 90s seattle days.

hope everyone enjoyed the december holidays. let's hope 2008 is filled with peace and understanding.
    Protecting the democracy that we ask our sons and daughters to die for is our responsibility and our trust. Demanding accountability from our leaders is our job as citizens. It's the American way. -Bruce Springsteen
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    aeroplume wrote:
    i'm highly disappointed with into the wild. most of the songs are a minute and a half long...very unimpressed with ed with ITW. i bought it having not heard one song or note from any song off it.simply b/c its eddie vedder for crying out loud.

just my own opinion

Watch the movie and you'll see why they're only short songs. Vedder is a genius!!

Far Behind is my fave off the album. I was disappointed that it didn't feature in the movie though, same as Setting Forth.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    :eek: I listened to it 4 x in a row driving to work today. I am ADDICTED!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Lizard wrote:
    :eek: I listened to it 4 x in a row driving to work today. I am ADDICTED!!

I do that all the time :)
  • Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    who made this song?
  • Options
    edvedd wrote:
    who made this song?

Eddie Vedder did. It's from "Into the Wild".
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Love it, its a corker.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    love this song, too. just wish it were longer, of course. :(