They make an easy man to read
For all the times you let them
Bleed you
For little peace from God you plead
And beg
For a little peace from God you plead

By Layne Staley

I just love this song!
Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    One of the best songs ive ever heard.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    I still turn to that song as well as the rest of the Mad Season album when there is a need to do so.

If you get my meaning.
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    One of Staley's greatest vocal performance.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    Originally posted by setaside2
    I still turn to that song as well as the rest of the Mad Season album when there is a need to do so.

If you get my meaning.

I Don't Know Anything!
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    Ah a Taoist.

Excellent.
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    Wow! I was just drifting through this part of the message pit and read the words to the song posted. It really hit me! "Slow suicide's no way to go" "the cracks and lines from where you gave up" - how potent are those words! Forgive my ignorance but Layne Stanley - is ...... Alice in Chains? yes? I'll have to try and get the CD. Thanks. While I'm here, just got to say, while I am a focused person in life, I like control in my environment, my thoughts do tend to become hazy like I have a permanent writer's block. I know that doesn't fit in with what I've just said about being focused but that's how it seems. I love lyrics and poems and reading about people's thoughts on this board. I am no good in expressing what I feel and think and that's why other people's words and thoughts are magical to read. Some people just have a gift with their words.
    Just a little time, before we leave .....
  • Options
    Ooops, my apologies - Layne Staley (I thought it was Stanley).
  • Options
    Originally posted by sometimesIfall
    Wow! I was just drifting through this part of the message pit and read the words to the song posted. It really hit me! "Slow suicide's no way to go" "the cracks and lines from where you gave up" - how potent are those words! Forgive my ignorance but Layne Stanley - is ...... Alice in Chains? yes? I'll have to try and get the CD. Thanks. While I'm here, just got to say, while I am a focused person in life, I like control in my environment, my thoughts do tend to become hazy like I have a permanent writer's block. I know that doesn't fit in with what I've just said about being focused but that's how it seems. I love lyrics and poems and reading about people's thoughts on this board. I am no good in expressing what I feel and think and that's why other people's words and thoughts are magical to read. Some people just have a gift with their words.

Yes Lane Staley of Alice In Chains. However, this song comes from the album Above by Mad Season. And it would be an excellent addition to your collection.

Some people do have a gift with their words but that doesn't mean that because you express yours in a different way that it is any less magical. If you feel it, write it. If nobody likes it, it doesn't matter as long as you do. No harm done. You may find that your words ARE magical to some others---never underestimate yourself!
  • Options
    :) Thanks.