Options

Contemplation

Being EnlightenedBeing Enlightened Posts: 5,746
edited November 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
Walked along the lake shore
Sat on the rocks
Watched the tide roll in, out, in, out...
Sort of hypnotized
Enjoyed the darkness
The coldness of the oncoming winter
The silence
The lack of people
I think I was the only one out there at that late hour
I started to wonder what would happen
If I just dove in
Clothes, shoes and all
And swam
Until I could swim no more
Until I was tired and numb and sore
Until the water went in my eyes, my ears, my nose, my mouth
And filled up my lungs
And covered my head
And I went down, down, down...

It would be like I was never here at all
Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    This bump is shameful! :D I was surfing the old shit & saw this one. Since I had no new words to offer today, I thought I'd send this one back up & have a laugh while I watched it drop like a stone again! This should be fun!
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    i adore this one...and can't for the life of me figure out how i ever missed it the first time around.

i was just going through the archives intending to save the beauties from being swallowed up by the abyss which gobbles up the last page...only there are so many there that i love so much and that i like to read over and over and over....which to save? saving some means letting others perish, so maybe i'll try to save them all. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by coleen
    i adore this one...and can't for the life of me figure out how i ever missed it the first time around.

i was just going through the archives intending to save the beauties from being swallowed up by the abyss which gobbles up the last page...only there are so many there that i love so much and that i like to read over and over and over....which to save? saving some means letting others perish, so maybe i'll try to save them all. :)

Yeah, it's too bad we can't save 'em all! :( And I'm bloody selfish for bringing this one up, myself really.

But I kinda like it too! I have this thing for the water.
  • Options
    you aren't selfish at all, had i gotten to this one before you....back to the top it would go.

i was twisting in the back pages about what to send back up because i was afraid of leaving something amazing back at the end. decisions are not my strong suit - analyzing from every angle looking for the harmony, that i can do...but making a decision is a loss cause with me.
  • Options
    When I finished reading this poem, I thought of an old old old Bill Cosby bit... where he's teaching his kid to swim and she sinks to the bottom of the pool... and little bubbles float to the top and when they break this tiny voice comes out saying "*help*".

Made me smile... even if this poem has no intention of kindling such warm feelings.

You never know what you'll arouse!

(I just opened a can of worms in this crowd with my poor word choice...)

:: CMR ducks for cover ::
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Originally posted by CranMalReign
    When I finished reading this poem, I thought of an old old old Bill Cosby bit... where he's teaching his kid to swim and she sinks to the bottom of the pool... and little bubbles float to the top and when they break this tiny voice comes out saying "*help*".

Made me smile... even if this poem has no intention of kindling such warm feelings.

*help*

I thought maybe something of the snake like variety, perhaps an Anaconda would be aroused, but a worm????? :D

What kind of worm??? ;):D
  • Options

another perfect - "my, my, my" said the spider to the fly - opportunity, wouldn't you agree being? ;)

considering that the air is still a bit heavy with the hyper-sexual events from dawn to darkness yesterday which apparently exhausted the poetry hut allstars, you may well be spared just this once little one...only you may not escape so easily next time
  • Options
    another perfect - "my, my, my" said the spider to the fly - opportunity, wouldn't you agree being? ;)

considering that the air is still a bit heavy with the hyper-sexual events from dawn to darkness yesterday which apparently exhausted the poetry hut allstars, you may well be spared just this once little one...only you may not escape so easily next time

I thank you for your mercy, colene. I'll just ignore BE's innuendo and pretend I am still pure. ;)

I like when it rains and there are worms all over the street.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options

coleen, escape is not the safest path! I've no desire to escape! :D;)
  • Options
    I thank you for your mercy, colene. I'll just ignore BE's innuendo and pretend I am still pure. ;)

I like when it rains and there are worms all over the street.

Pure! Pure! OK, right! :) I am all evil apparently coleen! :D

I like the way it smells when there are worms all over the street when it rains! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Being Enlightened
    Pure! Pure! OK, right! :) I am all evil apparently coleen! :D

I like the way it smells when there are worms all over the street when it rains! ;)

I like the way is smells when grandma is baking chocolate chip cookies at christmas time!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Originally posted by Being Enlightened
    in, out, in, out...

I went down, down, down...
    God, I tingle when you talk like this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Radar(Baba)O'Riley
    God, I tingle when you talk like this.

And I tingle in return, when you talk like this! :D