Options

Why do you go to the show...

jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
edited June 2008 in The Porch
when all you f'n do is text on your cell phone that is set to blaze the screen with 1000 candle light power every time you open it, take studio quality pictures from your cell phone, while being 50 rows deep in the mix and not texting , and talk through the entire song when bored with the two aforementioned items? Wouldn't you have had more fun hanging out with your friends at your local watering hole?
* Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jmccue7jmccue7 Posts: 119
    i'm confused on this one
    Merriweather '00
    East Troy '03
    Boston I '04
    Pittsburgh '06
    Lollapalooza '07
    DC '08
    MSG I & II '08
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    I'm guessing you had some bad neighbors last night?
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    I go to brag about how close I got to sit from the band.
    Or to bitch about how far they made me sit from the band.
    And to complain about the setlists, which contain too few rarities
    Or to complain about the setlists, which contain too many rarities.

And also for the poster.

Signed,

Eighty percent of this board

:)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    jimbee wrote:
    when all you f'n do is text on your cell phone that is set to blaze the screen with 1000 candle light power every time you open it, take studio quality pictures from your cell phone, while being 50 rows deep in the mix and not texting , and talk through the entire song when bored with the two aforementioned items? Wouldn't you have had more fun hanging out with your friends at your local watering hole?

I know what you're saying. but for a lot of people, it's just not a big deal. they're there to be "out"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    I was texting my favorites as they were being played to a fellow PJ fan who couldn't be there w/ me. That was the next best thing to having him there.
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Agreed; could be the most annoying thing now at shows
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383

And also for the poster.

Signed,

Classic ROFL
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610

And also for the poster.

Signed,

Also, to notch up a high show count to brag about :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options

And also for the poster.

Signed,

Ahahaha! That's one classic post.
    Thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I know what you're saying. but for a lot of people, it's just not a big deal. they're there to be "out"

EXACTLY!! You just hit the nail on the fucking head.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this. I was hestitating to post this Friday because I figured it was a lost cause. We were sitting in the VIP section and we paid some serious money for our tickets. I can't believe that people would pay this much for a ticket and do this.

There were three pricks sitting in front of us that apparently didn't get enough party in the parking lot and enough conversation. The WHOLE concert they were yelling about what happened in the parking lot all day and texting their friends. At one point, they were mocking the band and making fun of others who were excited to be there. One guy was a complete asshole and very scarcastic. When he was recieving compliments about his pearl jam gear, he was very rude and conceited. At one point he turned to me and made some fucked up comment about my shirt that read: "global warming- not cool". Complete dickhead.

Only during black and betterman did they video tape on their cell phones and did a few "who whoa" and then back to high fiving and talking again. It was soo freaking annoying. Then they argued and left us.....in peace, THANK GOD. Thank you for letting me get that off my chest...what little I have.
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    It's kind of funny, we bitch about all the texting ... yet sit on this board all night during a show waiting for some kind soul to relay the setlist to us ... via text message.

Maybe we need to make up "Official Set Relayer" badges, and bitch at every one else ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I try hard not to complain...but I agree...I just get floored that people who are there (and most seem really into the show so I know they are not just there for a night out) are so intent on catching it on video or getting a picture that they are completely missing out on the moment itself... The whole time Footsteps was played last night a guy was so excited and he jumped up and down screaming at the start but then talked to his girl while he taped the entire thing and then actually went back and "Reviewed" his previous pics while the entire song played. Missing out on the real - present moment..while blocking my entire view.... sorry...I don't like to complain!!!