Options

Perhaps you may all think me a sentimental fool BUT...

setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
edited October 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
I just want to say that, while I haven't been able to respond to everything I've been reading these past weeks, the quality of poetry and prose on this forum just keeps on getting BETTER. I swear to god, I'll read a piece and I'll be breathless from it for mere moments before I go on to another that elevates it. Perhaps I am a sentimental fool, and perhaps I read far too much into all this, but I can see that this place means a lot to some of you and the fact that it takes a tremendous amount of courage to reveal oneself to people you don't even know, can't even see, is not lost on me.

I WISH I had you all in my back pockets (although I recall Radar claiming the back left) to take with me, to show people that I know or could think of... I'd bring you all out and you'd stand there blinking in the sun after the dark linty recesses of my jeans and I would say,

"LOOK: here is true soul and verdant passion. Here is character. Judge them not for it is by their words which we all see. It is by their vision you gain sight.
Please pay attention so that blindness may no longer encroach upon your territories."

All of you have my undying respect and, in many cases, gratitude, love, and affection. If I could return the favor in all ways possible I would certainly do so.

Thank you for allowing me to post along side the rest of you as we all continue to tell our stories and our lives... mixing up that great mud pie. It is truly an honor I hold dear.

mith much love,

setaside2 aka marc morris
I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    thank you all , for sharing so much of yourselves with us the eyes and minds and hearts and souls on the other side of these computer screens. this is one of my most favorite places to be - no matter the day or how i'm feeling i always find a hand here to hold.

i appreciate more than ANY of you realize - your words and wisdom, your honesty and vulnerability and the generosity of your spirits which allows you to share all of these beauties.
  • Options
    sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
    I think this has to be the best message bord on the net. Unlike that god dam ZWAN bord we all have respect and in some cases, love. So keep writing, and spreading the love. We are all one big happy, fucked up, family.

So to seta and radar......stop thats insest!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by setaside2
    If I could return the favor in all ways possible I would certainly do so.

Grab your ankles.
  • Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    It's ok............

Seta, your senimentality is what makes this my family. The last two months on this board have been a daydream. Sometimes, the tornado swept through the screen, but we have all landed on our feet again and again. AND my red shoes are still very shiny and more and more everyday i believe in miracles and what love can do.

what this place means to me....

I love you all so much. This has been one of the most amazing adventures I have ever been on. I dont' want to go alone,

not without any of you.

Even Radar, who can bEE such a glib little punk mouth monkey boy.

Love,
    Gita/Debs
  • Options
    Originally posted by BhagavadGita
    Even Radar, who can bEE such a glib little punk mouth monkey

I also throw my own poo.
  • Options
    keven 33keven 33 Posts: 259
    i have noticed that the poetry has gotten ten times better in the last seven days or so , im just happy to be a part of it
    convicted
  • Options
    sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
    hmmmmmmm.......poetry's getting better & I stoped posting mine. Coincedence? I think not!!!
  • Options
    YO mister sevensins...

It has also been a SETA-free poetry zone for at least a week. So my lack of muse has also contributed to the quality going up, if we go according to your theory.

Well, I really can't speak for my work (especially if it can't, dear lord, speak for itself) but YOU are missed. So shut your mouth.

And Radar, I would but, well, I'm taking a break from those things for a bit. Love to you sir, regardless.

Also, I would appreciate if you aimed your poo a little higher next time.

Gita, Coleen. love you both.

me, the usual, that one guy...

seta
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    seta...

we thank you too

(:
    Nosotros nunca escuchamos la voz adentro
  • Options
    lifeisworth LOL whatever for?

gee...

i guess you're welcome. heh. Never thought I'd see that.

love

seta

you people amaze me.
  • Options
    seta??? can i keep this nickel i found?
    ~all is full of love~
  • Options
    ooh, looky... i'm a red mosquito

i saw the sun go down, and now it's coming up, somewhere in the time between, i was bitten, must have been the devil, he was just paying me a little visit, reminding me of his presence and

that

he's

waiting
    ~all is full of love~
  • Options
    I'm waiting.

and give me my fucking nickel.
  • Options
    see what happens around here?

This post was all nice and lovey dovey but NO you had to go and ruin it.

oh

wait

that was me huh...?

well who cares about what I think anyway? huh?! Carry on!
  • Options
    oh, poo...
    alright
    here's your nickel...

can i have some lint???

btw ~ it's a trip watchin y'all discover love in da jamily... ;)
    ~all is full of love~