Pearl Jam Fort Lauderdale Baseball Stadium 1996

release30release30 Posts: 2,051
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Were any of you at that KICKASS FULLY PACKED show...I was and it still is one of the best shows I have been to..And I haver been North, South, East, and West to see them!
Conversations getting dull
There's a constant ringing in my ears
Sense of humor's void and numb
And I'm bored to tears.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the Chadthe Chad Posts: 65
    PJ 96 Ft Lauderdale Stadium was a magical show...

one of my favorite shows of all time, I think I only liked MSG 98 2 better...

I remember speaking with one of the ticket takers and he told me the largest crowd they had ever had there was 11,000 for a Soccer team called the Strykers? Well PJ drew 25,000, it was like a half hour to get a beer, but it was so much fun...the hurricane was looming...it was a rocking show...
    Stone's guitar was stolen that night as well, he promised PJ would not play Fl again unless it was returned...

after that show was the first time I ever bought a poster...
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I was there. Amazing night!

The only downer was driving through a hurricane to get there and missing the first couple of songs because of it.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • I was there! My first PJ show ever. This was awesome. Got to see Ben Harper open up too...I remember getting up as close as we could get and seeing Sometimes and by the time they got to Go I was completely seperated from my group because of the energy everywhere...scary and kickass.
  • AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    this was my first show and i will never forget it. i just got the audio for it a few months ago. i think we get lucky with the show quality in florida overall. I bought my ticket for $150 at 2pm by the gate and by showtime they were going for $20
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • johnnie5johnnie5 Posts: 25
    My first show too! The crowd and the energy was amazing. Will never forget. But I will say this... I'll take reserved seating any day for a show. I can concentrate on the band and not worry about some jerk-off body surfing into my head. Can't wait for West Palm and Tampa.
  • boogiemanboogieman Posts: 49
    but do you remember the tornado watch and the threatening skies?

man, that was fun...
    Perfect lefts come rolling in...loyal believer since '92
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    That was quite a show. My first PJ experience. In my Tree was sick (probably because it was pre-Boom)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    My first show as well- my favorite, only 2nd to Kissimmee!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • ziggy21ziggy21 Posts: 23
    I was also there. It was my second time seeing them.

It was an amazing show! I remember some guy getting on stage and Ed got on his shoulders and sang a song.
  • My first show as well. Still have the ticket through TenClub. I remember having to mail in my request and then getting the tickets back in the mail a few weeks prior to the show. Guarded those tickets with my life. Ah, those were the days.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • I don't remember the weather warnings. I don't remember Ben Harper opening (and could kick myself for ignoring him!). I don't even remember most of the show, unfortunately. All I remember is being 16, with some girls from school that I hardly knew and barely liked, and losing them the second PJ took the stage. I ended up with barf on my pants/shoes, and nearly passing out b/c I got caught up in the mass chaos. Once I finally got out, I stayed off to the side and tried not to vomit from the smell covering me.
    I still don't look back on it as a negative experience, however. It was my first PJ show, only my 3rd concert ever, and I made it a point to go back for more and enjoy the hell out of myself at each show thereafter!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    That was my first show.It was awesome.The GA sucks It was hot and sticky up front.I finally got pulled out.But WPB 2003 was my favorite show.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    we were there.. it was a great show but i could hardly see anything.
    i like my reserved seats.
    general admission shows are fer youngsters ;)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • G8trsrgodsG8trsrgods Posts: 21
    First PJ show and still my favorite. The night was perfect. Still have my ticket stub as well. Now if only I had the poster ...

Anybody looking to sell Lauderdale '96?
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    that was supposed to be my first show...but i had a teacher my senior year that told me if i missed class the day of the show, that i'd be dropped a letter grade. and to my grade obsessed self, that meant dropping a spot in class rankings...and i refused to give up my #5 spot!

i had a ticket...which i still have, and it's beautiful :) i just never got to use it! my boyfriend at the time and his friends went instead...they weren't even that big of fans, which just made me even more angry. i remember drilling him about which songs were played at the show...and to find out that it was almost everything was so heartbreaking :(

oh well...i've more than made up for it over the years. though pre-boom "in my tree" and "sometimes" would be magical for me!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    10/07/96 - Ft. Lauderdale Stadium: Fort Lauderdale, FL [142 min]

attendance: 25,000 tickets sold (venue holds 8,000; go figure)

support act: The Fastbacks

set: Sometimes, Last Exit, Animal, Go, Hail Hail, Dissident, In My Tree, Corduroy, Better Man, Lukin, Not for You, Jeremy, Black, State of Love and Trust, Satans Bed, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Porch

enc 1: Present Tense, Even Flow, Blood, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(ABitW), I Got Shit, Leaving Here

enc 2: Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

notes: Ed asks for Eric to come help with trouble in the pit toward the end of 'Dissident.' 'Better Man' is for "... everyone except Josephine" (the tropical storm in the Gulf). 'Satan's Bed' hasn't been played since Las Cruces on 9/14/95 and a fast version is played by request here. Ed changes 'Habit' lyrics to, "Speaking as a man who not only surfs, but catches the big waves." Ed climbs the left light tower during 'Porch' ... not jumping, saying he just wanted to get a better look at the crowd. A fan gets on stage during 'Daughter' and Ed climbs on his shoulders for the 'Real Me'/'ABitW' outro/sing along. Ben Harper and The Fastbacks help PJ out with 'RitfW.'
    poster
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Still hold this as one of my favorite shows..I was dead center up front against the metal support bars..Bruised 2 ribs from the pressure being thwarted on me from the crowd...Well fuckin worth it!!!...Got a pick from Ed,Mike,Jeff, and Stone..All their names were on them except Ed's.. And if I remember correctly during I Got Shit Ed handed me his champagne bottle (Andre) and I guzzled what he left..I still have the bottle as it sits right in front of me now by my PJ albums...

Also by the time i got out of there and tried to get a poster they were out..But luckly the merch. guy sold me the one hanging which was not damaged at all....
    This is the show that turned me into a fan
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • 14RAY5514RAY55 Posts: 109
    One of my favorite shows,the atmosphere's and crowd's energy were electric.
    Also one of my favorite venues because there was plenty of room for everyone.The moshers up front,the regular folk further back,and the wife and kids in the stands.
    Still Alive And Well In Miami
    4-23-92 Miami,8-22-92 Miami,3-28-94 Miami,10-07-96 Ft.Laud.,9-22-98 WPB,9-23-98 WPB,8-9-00 WPB,8-10-00 WPB,4-11-03 WPB,7-16-06 S.F.,7-18-06 S.F.,7-22-06 Gorge,6-11-08 WPB,6-12-08 Tampa,10-23-10 Moun.View,10-24-10 Moun.View
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    scpjfan wrote:
    10/07/96 - Ft. Lauderdale Stadium: Fort Lauderdale, FL [142 min]

attendance: 25,000 tickets sold (venue holds 8,000; go figure)

support act: The Fastbacks

set: Sometimes, Last Exit, Animal, Go, Hail Hail, Dissident, In My Tree, Corduroy, Better Man, Lukin, Not for You, Jeremy, Black, State of Love and Trust, Satans Bed, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Porch

enc 1: Present Tense, Even Flow, Blood, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(ABitW), I Got Shit, Leaving Here

enc 2: Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

notes: Ed asks for Eric to come help with trouble in the pit toward the end of 'Dissident.' 'Better Man' is for "... everyone except Josephine" (the tropical storm in the Gulf). 'Satan's Bed' hasn't been played since Las Cruces on 9/14/95 and a fast version is played by request here. Ed changes 'Habit' lyrics to, "Speaking as a man who not only surfs, but catches the big waves." Ed climbs the left light tower during 'Porch' ... not jumping, saying he just wanted to get a better look at the crowd. A fan gets on stage during 'Daughter' and Ed climbs on his shoulders for the 'Real Me'/'ABitW' outro/sing along. Ben Harper and The Fastbacks help PJ out with 'RitfW.'
    poster

i was there, awesome show, such a great set list
    i miss fla (but not the hurricanes..)
    hope to hear leaving here, i got shit, immortality, and blood at msg
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    ***raises hand***
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • elmoojpselmoojps Posts: 4
    I was at this show as well. It was amazing and hands down the best concert I have been to (and I have been to a lot)! I was pretty close to the front and the crowd was crazy! Does anyone have a B+/A quality bootleg of this show? Does one exist?
  • Notch89Notch89 Posts: 71
    I was at this show also, I spent the night on the pitchers mound watching the show.
  • SOLAT78SOLAT78 Tampa/St Pete Posts: 34
    I was there. Got the poster framed and hanging in my bedroom. Best concert I have every seen. This show that went down in WPB a couple of days ago, IMO may have top it.

Steve
    92 - St Petersburg
    94 - Miami, St Petersburg
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98- West Palm Beach (both nights)
    00 - West Palm Beach (both nights), Tampa
    03 - West Palm Beach, Orlando, Tampa
    04 - Kissimmee
    08 - West Palm Beach, Tampa
    11 - PJ20 (both nights)
    12 - Pensacola, Clearwater (EV Solo, both nights)
    13 - Wrigley
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Fenway (both nights)
    18 - Wrigley (both nights)
    TBD - Denver
  • Mark StarMark Star Posts: 2
    My first show as well. Will never forget it. Digging through my discs I only have the first half of this show.

My audio ends after RearviewMirror. Anyone have the rest?????

Going to the Hartford, CT show on Friday... Looking for a Miracle for MSG 2 this wednesday

Anyone wanna help a hippie?
  • This was our first PJ show and was def what got us hooked. We drove 3hrs+ there and back and at the time thought we were crazy but have traveled many more hrs and miles to see them and it has been worth it every time! It was a great show and will always be one of my faves!
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I NEED A GOOD BOOT OF THIS SHOW!!!!!

Still one of my all time favorite shows....
    Reminiscing about this show today with No Code turning 25. Such a great show!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com