Options

Whose going to see PJ in DC on the 22nd!?

Julia_89Julia_89 Posts: 12
edited June 2008 in The Porch
HELL YEAH, I KNOW I AM!!
This is going to be my first pearl jam show ever! I've been dying to see them for over 3 years now. It might not seem like a long time to wait, but I'm only 18, and I always felt like I could only dream of seeing them in concert. Now the dream is coming true, and I'm going to see 'em with my best friend in a couple of weeks! This is turning my life around, seriously. Thats how important it is to me. I know I'm going to cry or something at the show...haha, there's no way I'm gonna be able to control myself. I can't fuckin' wait!!!

So is anyone else gonna be there? ...Has anyone been to this venue before?

Oh yeah and another thing... you have no idea how amazing its going to be for me to be in a huge crowd of fellow PJ fans, cause people my age barely even know they exist. Its sad really.
I don't post alot. Sorry.
WEEW!
6/22/08 PEARL JAM IN DC, FIRST SHOW EVERRRRRRRRRRR FUCK YEEUH!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Julia_89 wrote:
    HELL YEAH, I KNOW I AM!!
    This is going to be my first pearl jam show ever! I've been dying to see them for over 3 years now. It might not seem like a long time to wait, but I'm only 18, and I always felt like I could only dream of seeing them in concert. Now the dream is coming true, and I'm going to see 'em with my best friend in a couple of weeks! This is turning my life around, seriously. Thats how important it is to me. I know I'm going to cry or something at the show...haha, there's no way I'm gonna be able to control myself. I can't fuckin' wait!!!

Oh yeah and another thing... you have no idea how amazing its going to be for me to be in a huge crowd of fellow PJ fans, cause people my age barely even know they exist. Its sad really.

I'll be there. I went in 2006, and it was awesome!
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    i think there will be some more people there. thats cool that its your first show, what are some of your expectations?
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Fuck yea... road trip to DC right after Camden for me and my bro. It's great to be a college student, not a care in the world, with Pearl Jam playing songs for you... ah. It'll only be my 2nd show (actually 4th by that time, phew) can't wait.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    and you should definetly be going to another show after the dc show, your going to want to the next day, so hook yourself up now and make plans to go to new york and the garden shows
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    my 25th show and I have huge expectations in an election year....really huge.

is it? do ya?
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    18 eh?? sweeeeet
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    i think there will be some more people there. thats cool that its your first show, what are some of your expectations?
    Well, of course I'm expecting a long-ass setlist! haha they sure know how to make 'em. Maybe some surprises....
    WEEW!
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    damn, you're lucky!
    Yeah, I didn't think of it being an election year, thats great! awwwwh yeah! its my first election year! I'm excited for that aswell.
    WEEW!
  • Options
    Prepare to be hooked after this show. you will want to see every show next tour. you will buy 23432 posters. and you will download 2304932 boots. have fun. see ya there im predicting 1st row for my 10c seats for this show.
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,945
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    horay for us youngin's
    see you in DC!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    I ll be in the building. Should be a great evening of fun and festivities.
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    See you there!
  • Options
    I'm there.
    6/3/06 East Rutherford
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    6/19/08 Camden
    6/20/08 Camden
    6/22/08 DC
    6/25/08 MSG
    8/4/08 EV NYC
    8/5/08 EV NYC
    8/7/08 EV Newark
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I'll be there with some Chicago attitude just for the newbies!

You will love every minute of it. They are amazing live
  • Options
    russmcrussmc Posts: 91
    I'll be there!
    It will be a blast!
    Surreal Art that Entices the Mind
    http://www.russmcintosh.com
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    18 eh?? sweeeeet
    Did you see her interests? ;) Heehee
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    My son's first PJ show and we are really pysched. See you all there and at the fundraiser.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    ah i remember being 18 and going to my first PJ show, 10 short years ago.
    you won't sleep a wink that night.
    see y'all at the show and the fundraiser!
    Birmingham, AL 03SEP98
    Atlanta, GA 07AUG00
    Washington, DC 30MAY06
    Lollapalooza 05AUG07
    EV San Diego, CA 15/16APR08
    *** Washington, DC 22JUN08 -- Ready to win the lottery! ***
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    Julia_89 wrote:
    HELL YEAH, I KNOW I AM!!

wow you sound just like me! i was 16 when i went to my first pj concert and i go with my best friend whenever we can. i hope you have fun! (though that shouldn't be a problem!) and yes, it's really annoying having all the people you know our age not know anything about them. this one kid in my 12th grade english class took my headphones and listened to what i was listening to (small town) and asked if it was country music. or if they do know pj it's always "oh you mean the ones that go 'oh where oh where can my baby be'?"
    possomists wrote:
    and you should definetly be going to another show after the dc show, your going to want to the next day, so hook yourself up now and make plans to go to new york and the garden shows

aint it the truth! i remember when me and my best friend went to albany and hartford 2 years ago. we were so hooked we wanted to get more tickets to more shows that tour but we were poor high schoolers back then. but now, thank goodness, we're college students and therefore richer and with less obligations, so instead of 2 we're going to 4. :D
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:

What are the chances of special guests??? On the Vote for Change tour I saw them in Reading, PA and Tim Robbins jammed with them!!!!
  • Options
    grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    What are the chances of special guests??? On the Vote for Change tour I saw them in Reading, PA and Tim Robbins jammed with them!!!!

His band was opening for them, wasn't much of a surprise.
  • Options
    grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    I'll be there, with the best seats of my PJ career! (this'll be my 13th show)...last time they were in DC was a great show, Masters of War, Fuckin' Up, Lowlight...hope to see you there!
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,363
    I will be there... rockin' out.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    me me me can't fucken wait.....man Ed is going to rip into the current status quo
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    I will be there, and I really hope the show is more about the music and not about politics. I know there will be some mentioned, but I hope they do not go overboard.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I can't wait for the DC show. I haven't been to any shows since 3 in summer 06. It has been way too long!!!! I need my PJ fix.
    Don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved!
  • Options
    cropdustercropduster Posts: 52
    Oh yeah, I will be there. just a 20 minute metro ride from my place in Arlington. Will have just seen them in VB as well. Gonna be one hell of a PJ-filled week.

As for this being your first PJ show....you will always treasure it. Mine was VB '98. Proch was the closer and they ROCKED it!!

See you all there!
  • Options
    solracsolrac Posts: 21
    Can't wait! It's only my second show... and I'm taking my brother to check them out for the first time. It's going to be an awesome weekend.
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • Options
    19 MORE DAYS!
    :D
    I have a feeling this show will be epic.