happy little working song...over eddie?!

homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
edited February 2008 in The Porch
i'm watching the oscars live and this "happy little working song" or whatever it is called may be the WORST song ever made!! how did this get an oscar nomination over eddie?!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• robbierobbie Posts: 880
    that BLEW AWAY guaranteed!
  • I was just about to say the exact same thing. This song really sucks.
  • yeah, thought the same thing. The academy is clueless when it comes to music, they shouldn't allow multiple songs from one movie.

back when "Man of the Hour" was eligible, the winner was the rap song that year, it wasn't even close to a good song, and the other songs were weak.

Oscars are generally pretty weak in regards to chosing songs.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • yeah, thought the same thing. The academy is clueless when it comes to music, they shouldn't allow multiple songs from one movie.

back when "Man of the Hour" was eligible, the winner was the rap song that year, it wasn't even close to a good song, and the other songs were weak.

Oscars are generally pretty weak in regards to chosing songs.

yea you hit the nail on the head here! frankly the oscars are generally weak!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    homeratbat wrote:
    i'm watching the oscars live and this "happy little working song" or whatever it is called may be the WORST song ever made!! how did this get an oscar nomination over eddie?!!!
    Yep, I agree. I had to leave the room it was so irritating. :( Some must like it, but I sure don't know who. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • haha... i said to my roommate as i was watching that performance: "just wait til i check the PJ message boards... theres gonna be so much bitchin"

seriously tho... that song was terrible... the song from august rush was a pretty good performance... i still hope "falling slowly" wins
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • i was thinking this exactly...i was listening to that chick sing and i'm thinking, how does this get picked over eddie? but whatever, don't really care about the awards and i'm sure ed doesn't either
    1998-06-27 Alpine Valley, WI / 2000-10-08 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-06-21 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-04-26 Mellon Arena, PA / 2004-10-03 Grand Rapids VFC, 2006-05-17 United Center, IL / 2006-06-29 Milwaukee, WI / 2006-06-30 Milwaukke, WI / 2011-09-03 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2011-09-04 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2013-07-19 Wrigley Field / 2014-10-19 St. Paul / 2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI
  • It Just Got Even Worse!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • hmmm im watching this "happily ever after" song and im starting to be glad eddie wasn't lumped into this mess!
  • robbierobbie Posts: 880
    the second song was alright... but that last thing i just endured..... 4 or 5 more seconds and i would have suffered a self inflicted bullet wound.
  • if falling slowly doesnt win it will be a serious shame
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • "Happy Working Song" is a fuckin' terrible song. The only award that song should have been in contention for is a Razzie!
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • "Happy Working Song" is a fuckin' terrible song. The only award that song should have been in contention for is a Razzie!

haha ur right!
  • i can*t believe there were THREE possibilities for *enchanted*! that*s ridiculous - however, i*m happy to see that *once* got it ... that was/is an amazing soundtrack ... @ least he got the globe =)
    Dallas, TX: 7/5/98 | Dallas, TX: 10/17/00 | San Antonio, TX: 4/5/03 | Dallas, TX: 6/9/03 | Austin, TX: 10/4/09 | East Troy, WI: 9/3-9/4/11 | Chicago, IL: 7/19/13
  • A related thread

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=274434

posted it after the three enchanted songs LOST!!