Options

Ignorance is shit!!

MoonlightingMoonlighting England Posts: 136
edited November 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
While waiting in line at a supermarket I overheard a conversation between a checkout attendent and a customer.
She was indian and he was an old welsh man.
He remarked that he couldn't wait to get home to his tea and she pointed at the sausages on the counter and said "Is this what you're having?"
He said"Oh no,these are just a snack.We're having a proper dinner as usual".
She said "So are we".
He said sniggering"What curry?"
She said astonished"No,a proper dinner".
He said"I thought YOU people just ate curries and chappatis.Has someone taught you how to cook properly?".
She said with a disappointed look on her face "Properly?Is that what you call it?"
She then handed him his change,didn't say bye and turned her back to him.
Absolute Equality.No more.No less - AHFA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I love ignorance, stereotypes, and racism! Oh man, they're the best!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    I worked at a supermarket & we had this West Indian lady come in & she had to wait at this counter (just like everyone else). The cashier had a line & had to finish with that line before she could help this woman. Well, the woman got pissed off & complained that the white cashier was racist because she wouldn't serve her. Little did she know that the white cashier was married to a West Indian man & was the furthest thing from a racist anyone could ever know.

Funny how people pass judgement.

This poem made me want to have a right proper curry dinner tonight I tell ya!
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen