Options

You weren't the first

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited November 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
If you had been the first, I would have begged to know why. You could have made me cry, made me sad, or even mad.

Had you been the first, I might have been jealous. But you weren't.

Had you been the first, you could have broken my heart. You said all the right words, did all the right things. Yet there was something familiar, a quick glimmer in your eyes.

Had you been the first, I would not have noticed. But you weren't.

I am not her, I wasn't the one, but you tried to use my heart to clean up her mess, a pay back to satisfy your pain so you could move on.

Had you been the first, I might have been hurt. But you weren't.

Cold hearted bitch you say. Not not me.
Had you been the first, I would not have recognized the game. Blinded by self-confidence, you thought you were the first. So self-assured to think that you could use me for revenge.

You couldn't see you weren't the first. You thought you were. But you weren't.

So add me to your list and make this simple note and next time you will know that "You reap what you sow."
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    >So add me to your list and make this simple note and next time >you will know that "You reap what you sow."
    -- fucking ho!

Hey puremagic! I like this, it reminds me of that song by Guns N' Roses - You Ain't The First! -- "but you've been the worst."

Good to see a little something from you! :D
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Being Enlightened
    Good to see a little something from you! :D [/B]

Inspired by a friend going through some changes.

Me personally, nothing sad or bad happening, thus, writers' block, both in poems and music.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Hafta agree with Enlightened, there. Like that "reap what you sow" end... and I, too, am reminded of "You Ain't the First".

So good bye to you girl
    So long, farewell
    I can't hear ya cryin'
    Your jivin's been hell
    So look for me walkin
    down your street at night
    I'll be in with another
    Deep down inside
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Inspired by a friend going through some changes.

Me personally, nothing sad or bad happening, thus, writers' block, both in poems and music.

Shit! The evil writers' block strikes again! Bust down that block!(not that I wish you any sad or bad happenings but I hope you find some inspiration :D)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen