Chris Cornell @ Shoreline

nuraman00nuraman00 Posts: 13
edited August 2008 in Other Music
I saw Chris Cornell at Shoreline in Mountain View, CA.

He was pretty good. First time seeing him. I don't think he had the intensity of what his SoundGarden days were like, but he was still personable.

Does anyone have the setlist? Here's what I remember, not sure if it's right:

Cochise
????
Spoonman
Outshined
Hunger Strike (w/ Chester from Linkin Park)
???
Like A Stone
Be Yourself
Show Me How To Live
????
You Know My Name
Black Hole Sun
Rusty Cage
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    I was there... first time seeing him as well. He was way better than I thought.. mainly because he played mostly Soundgarden and Audioslave songs! I'll try to see if I can find the setlist.

although you pretty much have it already
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Thanks.

I was so glad they did Rusty Cage.

A little surprised they didn't do anything from "Down On The Upside", but seeing Chester come out for "Hunger Strike" was great. They sounded good together.

I also like how he introduced his entire band at the end, it at least made it feel that they doing this together, and it wasn't just the Chris Cornell show.

Funny stuff about how he wrote Hunger Strike in a closet, or how Like A Stone was about him being stoned.
    Yeah I would have liked some Down on the Upside songs. So far I can't find anything.. but I know he played that song Long Gone, I think right before You Know My Name. The other song that you have question marks was a solo album song as well.

Where were you sitting? I was pretty close since my little sister is a Linkin Park fan club member:o I didn't even know I was going until the night before the show.. she just showed up at my place with tickets:D

edit: Here's a couple of pictures my sister took and emailed to me
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn156/westside43/caterpillar051.jpg
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn156/westside43/caterpillar052.jpg (cornell is semi-hidden behind that dude's arm)
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Nice surprise, haha.

I was in the 200s, Row N I believe.

When tickets went on sale, the closest seat was section 200s, row F. I just couldn't believe that all the 100s were instantly sold out. So I searched again, and got sent 8 rows back, lol.

But the people around me were cool, so it was a good time.

"Pretty Noose" is my favorite Down On The Upside song, but "Overfloating" would have been cool to hear live, it's a nice trippy song.
  • Sometimes it takes me several listens before I like a song, but on initial glance, I didn't really like his new songs.

They weren't bad, they were just bland and boring. I guess that's better than something that just sounds bad, but they seemed to be missing something unique that would make them stand out.
  • Trailer wrote:
    Yeah I would have liked some Down on the Upside songs. So far I can't find anything.. but I know he played that song Long Gone, I think right before You Know My Name. The other song that you have question marks was a solo album song as well.

Where were you sitting? I was pretty close since my little sister is a Linkin Park fan club member:o I didn't even know I was going until the night before the show.. she just showed up at my place with tickets:D

edit: Here's a couple of pictures my sister took and emailed to me
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn156/westside43/caterpillar051.jpg
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn156/westside43/caterpillar052.jpg (cornell is semi-hidden behind that dude's arm)

Cool, you were really close.
    nuraman00 wrote:
    Sometimes it takes me several listens before I like a song, but on initial glance, I didn't really like his new songs.

They weren't bad, they were just bland and boring. I guess that's better than something that just sounds bad, but they seemed to be missing something unique that would make them stand out.

Yeah his new songs kinda suck. I think that other new song he played was Watch Out. I just checked his myspace page and that song sounded familiar.
  • Trailer wrote:
    Yeah his new songs kinda suck. I think that other new song he played was Watch Out. I just checked his myspace page and that song sounded familiar.

Thanks for the info.

So, do you think it's like this?

Cochise
    ????
    Spoonman
    Outshined
    Hunger Strike (w/ Chester from Linkin Park)
    ??? (Watch Out)
    Like A Stone
    Be Yourself
    Show Me How To Live
    ???? (Long Gone)
    You Know My Name
    Black Hole Sun
    Rusty Cage
  • BTW, any idea where I can get a 10 Years setlist?

I think they're pretty good. My 2nd time seeing them, I saw them open up for Korn/Mudvayne 2.5 years ago.
    the second song he played was No Such Thing... there ya go:cool:

and I have no clue what any of the songs were for 10 Years. I had never even heard of them... but my sister was stoked because the lead singer touched her hand. haha
  • Trailer wrote:
    the second song he played was No Such Thing... there ya go:cool:

and I have no clue what any of the songs were for 10 Years. I had never even heard of them... but my sister was stoked because the lead singer touched her hand. haha

Thanks, how'd you find that out?
  • So the 2 new songs were "Watch Out" and "Long Gone", and "No Such Thing" is from Cornell's 2007 solo album, right?
    yep