just tinajust tina Posts: 277
edited July 2008 in Other Music
gretchen wilson?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GE4oE-OYNb0

not bad at all, i'm liking it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Yeah all credit to her, you need a mighty impressive set of lungs to take on Ann Wilson! And of course AIC sound great :D
  • just tinajust tina Posts: 277
    exactly. nice combo, i'm impressed. i've seen her do this WITH heart before, but bonus with AIC!
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    AIC it's becoming a joke, let's try another band name.
  • tonadax wrote:

AIC is very close with the Wilsons. They sang on two songs on SAP (92). Nancy Wilson named her daughter Alice, which possibly refers to... AIC, idk. And who wouldn't want to get close to Gretchen Wilson???
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • She's got the range, but she could've hit the notes a LOT better than that. Her timing was off in a couple parts, too.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    tonadax wrote:

Whach u talkin bout willis. AIC was and still is a great band. Layne cannot be replaced, but the other members can move on and make great music. I cant wait for the new AIC album.
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    tonadax wrote:

you're right. AIC and Heart are both from Seattle and Jerry Cantrell has said that Heart and Jimi Hendrix were probably his two biggest influences ever. and he is very good friends with Nancy Wilson's husband.....Cameron Crowe. so yeah, it's a completely sellout move for AIC to be on a Heart tribute show playing a Heart song with a female singer.

dumb fuck.
    why though? i never heard anyone complaining when ed sang with the doors or the who or neil young. or neil young sang w/ pj. or anyone else for that matter... doesn't matter, its all music...good music.
    why though? i never heard anyone complaining when ed sang with the doors or the who or neil young. or neil young sang w/ pj. or anyone else for that matter... doesn't matter, its all music...good music.

the same reason AIC are currently being called "money grubbers" yet there's no problem with PJ selling live bootlegs, DVDs, limited edition concert posters, movie soundtracks, picture books and every fucking thing else to gouge bucks from fans. a complete double standard. it's ok for one band, but not ok for Alice In Chains to go out and play their songs, 80% of which weren't even written by Layne Staley.
    wait...so are you for or against alice in chains?:)
    wait...so are you for or against alice in chains?:)

I am 1000% FOR AIC. the "you're right" part in the other post was sarcasm.

I saw them in 2006 with Duvall and they were dead-on awesome. of course, I would "prefer" that Staley were still alive and healthy. but that's a preference that we're not going to get. so why should we be punished and not get to see them play their music and make new music?

I will buy their new cd the day it comes out. and if anybody has a problem with AIC, they should not buy the cd or go to the shows and just shut up about it because it's old at this point. now, if the cd sucks ass and just appears to be a money making move, maybe my opinion will change. but they sure put on a 2.5 hour kick ass show when I saw them and I don't think Cantrell will put out a shitty album.
    yikes. my sarcasm meter is broken, sorry.

i agree. it doesn't matter what anyone says anyway. music is personal. you like what you like.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    great.... gretchen in chains
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
    oooh. HOT!