Chris Martin IS Jesus Christ

edited June 2008 in Other Music
If you don't believe me, check out the new Rolling Stone cover - even HE believes it!
"Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
"Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• At least Jesus packed his career into three years and topped it off with a few magic tricks, a mighty comeback and a levitation trick right at the end. And he didn't name any children after a fruit.
  • um.. You wanna talk magic tricks? Have you SEEN the new Ipod commercial featuring Coldplay? THAT is magic - it's marvelous - it makes me want to buy happiness.
  • Yeah, but then you'd have to listen to him.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    He's a bit of a tool ain't he? I hate all these 'celebrities' that get full of themselves. I feel sorry for his kid with a stupid fuckin' name, poor thing....
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I'm sorry, I have a very wide and broad musical taste, but I really hate Coldplay.

I think a great deal of their material sounds relatively the same... and I think they are overrated and kind of boring.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I just read this quote from Johnny Rotten on Coldplay:

Here's Johnny Rotten on Coldplay: "I pity the poor bastards who have to watch them. They are utterly humourless. I met them a few years ago, said hello and realised they were just men in anoraks. They looked like a gang of little poncey masturbators. There is no fun, they don't offer joy. Their music has a couple of quite nice tones here and there but it's a box of tosh sold to slightly inadequate, half-baked people."

http://stereogum.com/archives/wheres-the-beef/i-used-to-rule-the-world_010459.html
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    I'm sorry, I have a very wide and broad musical taste, but I really hate Coldplay.

I think a great deal of their material sounds relatively the same... and I think they are overrated and kind of boring.

Pretty much ... Its background music, music to water your plants to. No thanks.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i am not a Coldplay fan by ANY MEANS but "Violet Hill" is a fucking awesome song.
  • In my opinion, Bo Diddley should have gotten the cover.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

I agree.. and I bought into their first three albums. I don't hate them, but their music has gotten pretty boring..
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Looks to me like he's trying to become Michael Jackson..what the fuck is with that jacket?
  • Chris Martin is a fucking ass hat. I used to like them earlier in their career, but ever since that douchebag over inflated his ego I can't stand to listen to them anymore.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    if he thinks he is jesus, then he must be a masochist, eh?

the waiting must be driving him mad :D

btw, my bent toward coldplay has always been that they are ok. a few good radio songs and that's it. never spent a dime on the releases. although i am certain that my HDTV subscription sent a few pennies their way and i am ok with that.

i sometimes think of bruce hornsby when i hear a coldplay song..... you think?
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    In my opinion, Bo Diddley should have gotten the cover.
    that would require a shred of musical integrity on their part... and we all know thats beyond them... coldplay will OBVIOUSLY sell more magazines :rolleyes:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    They sound okay to me. Not spectacular, but okay.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • i am not a Coldplay fan by ANY MEANS but "Violet Hill" is a fucking awesome song.

Yeah it's like what Creed's "Higher" was to my generation.
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Coldplay are to the 2000's what Michael Bolton was to the late 80's and early 90's.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    dirt wrote:
    Coldplay are to the 2000's what Michael Bolton was to the late 80's and early 90's.

WAY off base.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I dont understand the hype with them at all... one of the most boring bands out there in my opinion.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • i think chris martin wants to be the next bono......just what the world needs. sigh....
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    i really like the new album...i thought i had bought my last coldplay album when the last one came out,but they seem to be back on track.