Projekt Revolution: LP/Cornell

evenflow524evenflow524 Posts: 128
edited July 2008 in Other Music
My buddy went to the first show last night in Mansfield and sent me a video on his phone. Cornell played Hunger Strike and Chester Bennington from Linkin Park sang Eddie's part. I bet that was super rad to hear, I was jealous I missed it!
5/24/06 Boston, 6/28/08 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    My buddy went to the first show last night in Mansfield and sent me a video on his phone. Cornell played Hunger Strike and Chester Bennington from Linkin Park sang Eddie's part. I bet that was super rad to hear, I was jealous I missed it!

that may spark a riot round here, lol.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • evenflow524evenflow524 Posts: 128
    Haha, I didnt say he would sound better than Ed, but cmon, who doesnt love hearing Hunger Strike. Plus Chester has a pretty amazing voice, as far as his range goes. If you are only familiar with LP's early music with all the screaming you should def listen to the Little Things Give You Away off Minutes To Midnight. Very different sound and a great track.
    Haha, I didnt say he would sound better than Ed, but cmon, who doesnt love hearing Hunger Strike. Plus Chester has a pretty amazing voice, as far as his range goes. If you are only familiar with LP's early music with all the screaming you should def listen to the Little Things Give You Away off Minutes To Midnight. Very different sound and a great track.

I know you didn't, but round these patrts they be a lot of linkin park haters, who may find the notion of Chester Bennington singing Ed's part on Hunger Strike sacriligious and another reason to hate on Cornell at the same time.
  • To make matters worse, as it were, Cornell also sang Crawling with Linkin Park.
    Haha am I the only guy that likes LP and cornell?
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Haha am I the only guy that likes LP and cornell?

As of today? Possibly. Last week you might have found a few...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I think I've rarely heard Chester sing in key live.....

Still, check out Cornell getting down with kids.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    The guy from Linkin Park is also one of the best lyricists Ive ever heard.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Igottago wrote:
    The guy from Linkin Park is also one of the best lyricists Ive ever heard.

Now i've met the LP dudes a few times and their all very nice guys.....but you can't be serious here!?!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    I wouldnt say he is one of the best lyiricist but I will say he probably has one of the best vocal range's I have heard. He can sing/do anything he wants with his voice, from acoustic ballad to screaming rock to covers of everyone from G&R and STP (With camp freddie)
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Now i've met the LP dudes a few times and their all very nice guys.....but you can't be serious here!?!

Lol..I was being very, very, very, very sarcastic.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Igottago wrote:
    Lol..I was being very, very, very, very sarcastic.

I had a feeling you were:)
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Wow, how many more reasons can Chris Cornell give me to hate his guts? Letting Chester Bennington sing Hunger Strike is indeed sacriligeous, nearly as bad as his attempt to be a Justin Timberlake cover artist (new song with Timbaland). Fuck you Cornell!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Chester one of the best lyricists you heard ? Come on. Maybe for rap rock. Cornell can sing with whoever he wants. But all this praise for a rap rock band. If u like rap rock thats cool. I'll admit Chester has some pop in his voice. Good lyricist and singer, no chance.
  • edved82 wrote:
    Wow, how many more reasons can Chris Cornell give me to hate his guts? Letting Chester Bennington sing Hunger Strike is indeed sacriligeous, nearly as bad as his attempt to be a Justin Timberlake cover artist (new song with Timbaland). Fuck you Cornell!
    And how is this any different than vedder doing hunger strike with corin tucker, and then andrew stockdale?????? Im sure you will say its ok because in your higher than mighty eyes they are better musicians! I say fuck you for being so ignorant.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    And how is this any different than vedder doing hunger strike with corin tucker, and then andrew stockdale?????? Im sure you will say its ok because in your higher than mighty eyes they are better musicians! I say fuck you for being so ignorant.

Ignorant to what? Chester's genius as a lyricist and singer? I think he's mediocre on both counts - that's not ignorance, that's just my opinion from all the stuff I've heard him do - and I've heard a lot.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I can take LP in small doses, but I love the LP/Jay-Z collaboration. I really do. They just meshed very well together.

Cornell is still awesome and always will be, even if he never writes another great song.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Ignorant to what? Chester's genius as a lyricist and singer? I think he's mediocre on both counts - that's not ignorance, that's just my opinion from all the stuff I've heard him do - and I've heard a lot.
    I was not responding to your post, not sure why you would think i am seeing i quoted someone else. I happen to agree with you that chester shouldnt be looked down on, the only reason he is because think linkin park sucks. While i think they are rather mediocre he is a pretty damn good vocalist. Much better singer than corin tucker!!!
    I was not responding to your post, not sure why you would think i am seeing i quoted someone else. I happen to agree with you that chester shouldnt be looked down on, the only reason he is because think linkin park sucks. While i think they are rather mediocre he is a pretty damn good vocalist. Much better singer than corin tucker!!!

I dont like Corwin Tuckers voice nor Chesters, it's a pretty special song to me and I personally would prefer that the song was only performed with Eddie and Chris on vocals, if it cant be done that way dont do it at all.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBXqb55Qgw
    There's a video. Chris is doing Eddie's part. I'm so confused.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279

Its not me thats being ignorant pal. I think we're all entitled to our opinions here, not just you. And I would take Corin Tucker over that tool from LP any day. Its people like you that typify whats wrong with these boards these days.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBXqb55Qgw
    There's a video. Chris is doing Eddie's part. I'm so confused.
    why confussed maybe he wanted do that;)