Options

Random PJ mention in an ESPN article

swardsward Posts: 586
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Thought this was funny....
"
I. My brewing feud with Jazz fans. Because I keep dismissing the Chris Paul-Deron Williams "rivalry" and wrote last week that Paul was the Pearl Jam to Williams' Stone Temple Pilots, that earned me a steady stream of hate mail from Utah and an extended rip in something called the Deseret News. Look, people of Utah -- you ruined the 2002 Olympics because nobody could buy a stiff drink or a beer that had a real level of alcohol, and I think "Last Call" was 8:30 at night. As my friend Jacoby jokes, "Each brewery around the world has to brew and bottle special low-alcohol beer solely because Utah hates fun." It's true. The only reason we still put up with you is the skiing. I'd keep it down."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/081028
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bill simmons is the best thing on espn.com. just look at #8 on his list. I'd like to see someone on msnbc explain sunk cost like that.
    Music for Rhinos
  • Options
    simmons is the man, one of the best pop-culture/sports minds there are
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    simmons has a good, free, itunes podcast as well
  • Options
    Can't stand the guy......Boston homer to the fullest extent. Annoyingly terrible articles if you aren't from that part of the country.
  • Options
    Can't stand the guy......Boston homer to the fullest extent. Annoyingly terrible articles if you aren't from that part of the country.

why? he almost always seemingly mocks his love of Boston sports in every article he does...
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    He's great the only problem is he doesn't like Binaural...
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    why? he almost always seemingly mocks his love of Boston sports in every article he does...

All one has to do is NOT be from Boston and read his coverage of the Finals last season....As someone from L.A., I might as well have had a random former bitter, Celtic from the 80's and his one-sided views on everything.

He's the NBA writer equivolent to Peter Gammons......except, far less respected or likeable.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584

C'mon.. the guy is a homer but you have to give him a hand for coming up with gems like this one (from the same column as above)...

"Did you know that Atlanta's bench this year consists of Ronald Murray, Zaza Pachulia, Mo Evans, Solomon Jones and Acie Law? Really? That's your bench? The Hawks should just have Feces Night and have their cheerleaders shoot dog doo out of T-shirt cannons at their fans. What a disgrace."
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore