Rose Hill Drive

jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
edited July 2008 in Other Music
I was introduced to an absolutely amazing band over the weekend. They are called Rose Hill Drive and kick ass! Honestly, they had some of the best rock songs I had heard in a long time and I am psyched to see them live. Check them out if you are looking for something new to listen to.
PJ:
2003 Mansfield: July 2
2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
2005 Montreal: Sept 15
2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
2010 Boston: May 17
2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Saw these guys open for the who the 2nd time I saw them. They're ok. They are like alot of the bands on modern radio today like Against Me!, Simple Plan ect. Not really my style, but those kind of bands do throw out a few good songs that stand out, but for the most part I just find this specific genre (EMO?? maybe) boring and Generic. Cool to hear someone has heard of them though, means they are getting pretty big. They are from Austin I think.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Honestly, I don't see really any comparison to Rose Hill Drive to Against Me! or Simple Plan. Against Me! is much more punk driven while Simple Plan just plain sucks. Rose Hill Drive seemed like they were much more similar to 70's rock! I think touring with The Who, Queens of the Stoneage, Van Halen, Aerosmith, and The Black Crowes definitely says a lot, especially because they only just released their second album a couple weeks ago. A young band like this will hopefully keep getting better. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, thanks for the input.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    I think they are opening for Gov't Mule when I see them later this month. They seem pretty cool from what I've listened to on http://www.archive.org. They do a killer version of Sabbath's Fairies Wear Boots. Definately not an EMO band by any sense.
  • Rose Hill Drive are an amazing young band. I have got to see them live twice, both times being Black Crowes related.

The first time I seen them was in May of `04 opening up for Chris Robinson & New Earth Mud at Jillian`s in Lousiville, Ky. They played downstairs in the basement on a stage slightly lower than knee-high. With my firend & I being front-center, the wind from the hole in the bass drum was blowing back my hair.

The 2nd time I got to see them was in Knoxville, Tn. in April of `05. Just in that short of time span, I could tell they had grown alot since seeing them the first time, & they were great the first time.

I think they are from Colorado, & they definitely are not an emo band.
    No one is ever gonna find ya, if you don`t get yourself lost...........
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Rose Hill Drive are an amazing young band. I have got to see them live twice, both times being Black Crowes related.

The first time I seen them was in May of `04 opening up for Chris Robinson & New Earth Mud at Jillian`s in Lousiville, Ky. They played downstairs in the basement on a stage slightly lower than knee-high. With my firend & I being front-center, the wind from the hole in the bass drum was blowing back my hair.

The 2nd time I got to see them was in Knoxville, Tn. in April of `05. Just in that short of time span, I could tell they had grown alot since seeing them the first time, & they were great the first time.

I think they are from Colorado, & they definitely are not an emo band.

You are right, they are from Colorado. My friend saw them in Austin at ACL the year prior to the who show that we saw them at. my Bad. :o
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • joejohnjoejohn Posts: 30
    red mos wrote:
    Saw these guys open for the who the 2nd time I saw them. They're ok. They are like alot of the bands on modern radio today like Against Me!, Simple Plan ect. Not really my style, but those kind of bands do throw out a few good songs that stand out, but for the most part I just find this specific genre (EMO?? maybe) boring and Generic. Cool to hear someone has heard of them though, means they are getting pretty big. They are from Austin I think.

What the hell are you talking about?

Make sure you see them if you get a chance. Their music is meant to be heard live. There is nothing emo about them.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I saw them open for wilco and they were great. I picked up one of their cds its cool.

When i saw them live they killed a cover of faries wear boots (sabbath)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Great live band! I have seen them three times, first was opening for the Who..didn't disappoint at all! They played Bumbershoot here and did a pretty sweet cover of "Birthday" by the Beatles. Go see them live...you will not be disappointed.
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....