Support Acts

Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
edited July 2008 in Other Music
I'm sure this will have been a subject before, but hey I wasn't around then!

What are people's feelings towards support acts? Do you listen to all to see what you think or are you one of those who tends to pay very little attention whatsoever?

And has there ever been a band didn't know and came across as a support act and you then became a massive fan of theirs, more so than the headlne act?
All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• John Martyn's usual support act these days is a bloke called John Smith. He has, obviously, an unremarkable name, and, to boot, an understated stage presence when he walks on. However, as soon as he starts playing, everyone shuts the fuck up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToGK06dx_eQ

That's why I make an effort to pay attention to support acts. You don't know what you're going to get.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    John Martyn's usual support act these days is a bloke called John Smith. He has, obviously, an unremarkable name, and, to boot, an understated stage presence when he walks on. However, as soon as he starts playing, everyone shuts the fuck up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToGK06dx_eQ

That's why I make an effort to pay attention to support acts. You don't know what you're going to get.

Yeah, no nonsense with him ;)

Back to the op's Q.
    I once saw Radiohead support James, they were great...still prefer James though.
    And I saw a band called Warrior Soul support Metallica, they were cool for a time.
    then I saw this Pearl Jam thing supporting the Cult.......:) so, yeah is the answer.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Yeah, no nonsense with him ;)

Back to the op's Q.

You don't believe there's an amazing support act, called John Smith? But ho yus, there is ....
  • RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    Holy Shit!

(leaving the Message Pit, proceeding to Amazon with credit card in tow...)
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i saw bright eyes open for REM

+1 for support acts
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones