Bruce Springsteen?

zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Has anybody seen him live? My parents are taking my whole family to go see him at Gillette Stadium in Mass towards the end of August. I hear he puts on a really good show. Can anybody vouch for this?
I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• but his live from dublin dvd is fucking amazing...the seeger sessions cd is sooo awesome.
    "Music is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, everything would fall apart." --Eddie (From the movie EMPIRE RECORDS)
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    but his live from dublin dvd is fucking amazing...the seeger sessions cd is sooo awesome.

Uhh, not really a great place to start.

But yeah, Springsteen live is legendary. Even if you don't know most of the songs, you'll still love it.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Can I join your family? I'd love to see him live... was thinking about seeing him in NJ, but that's a huge stadium, so we're not sure if we'd really like it since we'd be the top seats..
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    excellent! thats good to hear, they've been bunches of times, but this time they're taking most of us. The seats are really good, we are really close to stage, but just above the floor on the right hand side, so we should have a clear view. They had me deal with all the ticketmaster online shit to get those seats loll

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Wait till Bathgate66 sees this! Bruce Springsteen puts on LEGENDARY shows. You must see it. He keeps his band tight, and it is non-stop energy. After you see them at Gillette, you will wish you were as lucky as I was, when I got front row center pit spot in March, due to the lottery in Buffalo and got to strum the man's guitar, along with other lucky front row people, and almost being decapitated in the process.

Do you know his music at all? Check out The Essential Bruce Springsteen, which has a nice cross section of his work from Greetings From Asbury Park NJ, through to The Rising.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JaneNY wrote:
    Wait till Bathgate66 sees this! Bruce Springsteen puts on LEGENDARY shows. You must see it. He keeps his band tight, and it is non-stop energy. After you see them at Gillette, you will wish you were as lucky as I was, when I got front row center pit spot in March, due to the lottery in Buffalo and got to strum the man's guitar, along with other lucky front row people, and almost being decapitated in the process.

Do you know his music at all? Check out The Essential Bruce Springsteen, which has a nice cross section of his work from Greetings From Asbury Park NJ, through to The Rising.

haha i was thinking the exact same thing about bathgate.
  • Saw him in San Jose last Saturday. Awesome. So much energy and passion for the songs even after all these years. Played a lot of Magic, which all sounded great. It's one of those shows where you leave the arena feeling like you've seen something once in a lifetime. Sound like anybody familiar?
    You wouldn't let a clown fix a leak in the john, so why let these hooligans tear down the biz?

San Diego 06
    Nice! I'm excited for the show alot more now after this thread

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • its good to see afellow young fan getting into some good music. At least im assuming your young with your parents taking you and all.
    You wouldn't let a clown fix a leak in the john, so why let these hooligans tear down the biz?

San Diego 06
    yeah, I just turned 18. Its acting as my graduation gift, cant complain lol

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • haha, thats a great gift! I see you'll be checkin out some PJ for the first time this June too. Musically your summer doesn't get much better.

San Diego 06
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Best
    Concert
    I've
    Ever
    Seen

Keep in mind, that was just last month. I get goosebumps listening to the boot.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Has anybody seen him live? My parents are taking my whole family to go see him at Gillette Stadium in Mass towards the end of August. I hear he puts on a really good show. Can anybody vouch for this?
    on the same level as pj
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
    on the same level as pj
    wow, thats a powerful statement

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    Has anybody seen him live? My parents are taking my whole family to go see him at Gillette Stadium in Mass towards the end of August. I hear he puts on a really good show. Can anybody vouch for this?
    I was in the same spot as you in march, I decided to go to and I was happy I did, He put on an amazing show, a lot of energy, definitely worth going to, plus its a free show so, you cant go wrong with that.
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
    T-Case wrote:
    ...definitely worth going to, plus its a free show so, you cant go wrong with that.
    true, it meets my price point nicely.

5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
  • USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    Saw Bruce last night. Amazing as always
  • went with my fam to the portland show. Had high hopes. Wanted him to play some road/escape songs, some new songs, some oldies etc...

He played EVERY song I hoped. The E street band was flawless, the guitar, drums and sax solos were mindblowing. When I say they were flawless I mean it.

It was a 2 and a half hour show and worth every penny of the ticket price, which was 100 bucks for portland.

One of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Run dont walk to the next venue where uncle bruce plays
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    on the same level as pj
    At LEAST on that level. QUite possibly better.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    went with my fam to the portland show. Had high hopes. Wanted him to play some road/escape songs, some new songs, some oldies etc...

He played EVERY song I hoped. The E street band was flawless, the guitar, drums and sax solos were mindblowing. When I say they were flawless I mean it.

It was a 2 and a half hour show and worth every penny of the ticket price, which was 100 bucks for portland.

One of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Run dont walk to the next venue where uncle bruce plays

Hey, I was at the Portland show! And I echo everything you just said.

The last time I saw Bruce in 2000 we bought our tickets at the last minute. We sat in the rafters and I was 8 months pregnant at the time. I'm only saying this because I was uncomfortable and sober. We were just happy to have seats and he still rocked my pregnant ass.

The concert a few weeks ago was the same. Only I had some beers this time.

My favorite part was when they kind of turned up the lights for one song "Dancing in the Dark" I think it was...and I laughed my ass off at all the dudes dancing with other dudes on the mail floor.