Alice in Chains have written three new songs!

Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
edited April 2008 in Other Music
That's right! AiC have three new songs.

Source? you're asking...

From AiC.com:

There are so many words to describe The Baldy; witty, clever, bald and lucky! He's out on the west coast now with the guys and recently joined us on the Board to let us know what is happening in the studio. He writes;

'I'm here.

Went to the studio last night and heard three new songs.

Going back today for more.

I'll have a more detailed write-up sometime next week. Maybe some pictures and video as well, depending on how much I'm allowed to divulge.

As for now I'll just divulge that what I've heard so far is HEAVY...'

http://www.aliceinchains.com/forums/permalink/16196/116922/ShowThread.aspx#116922

I CANNOT wait.
What the fuck is this world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Sounds good to me, I look forward to hearing some new music from them. I know a load of people on here will say "it's not the same without Layne", but in my opinion it doesn't need to be the same. I don't care about the label they choose to put on it, be it AiC or whatever else, ultimately it's all about the music, and good music is good music in my book. I don't think there's any danger of people forgetting about Layne any time soon.
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Sounds good to me, I look forward to hearing some new music from them. I know a load of people on here will say "it's not the same without Layne", but in my opinion it doesn't need to be the same. I don't care about the label they choose to put on it, be it AiC or whatever else, ultimately it's all about the music, and good music is good music in my book. I don't think there's any danger of people forgetting about Layne any time soon.
    Exactly. Layne was and is one of my all time favorite people but he's gone and we need to move on. DuVall is doing an excellent job aswell. This stuff will be great. I can tell/
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Murderers wrote:
    Exactly. Layne was and is one of my all time favorite people but he's gone and we need to move on. DuVall is doing an excellent job aswell. This stuff will be great. I can tell/

Oh yeah, William DuVall is no fucking joke, that guy has a great voice; and I know this might seem a stupid thing to say, but having seen him live, I really feel like he 'gets it' - he understands AiC from a fan's point of view, rather than just a hired hand getting a pay cheque.
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    looking forward to checking it out, Jerry can play the snot out of a geeeetar.
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Oh yeah, William DuVall is no fucking joke, that guy has a great voice; and I know this might seem a stupid thing to say, but having seen him live, I really feel like he 'gets it' - he understands AiC from a fan's point of view, rather than just a hired hand getting a pay cheque.
    Yeah, he looks like he's definately doing it for the fans and not for the money. I'm glad to see him in the band.
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    I'm hoping they record some of the tunes Jerry was playing with his solo band in '04. The Unfillable Hole and One Eyed Jack are simply badass.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    This is the most positive new music AIC thread that I've ever read on here- nice!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    I cant wait. I am really looking forward to some new AIC material. NO ONE can replace Layne, but the band can move on and produce some great music.
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    If you've seen AIC perform with DuVall, you can see how much respect he has for the material, and how much respect the band has for him. I'm not one to get caught up in labels. Sure, nobody can ever replace Layne, but its not about replacing him. It's about making and performing GREAT music, and as far as "reunions" are concerned, AIC are doing it right, IMO.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Grunge100 wrote:
    I cant wait. I am really looking forward to some new AIC material. NO ONE can replace Layne, but the band can move on and produce some great music.

+1
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • good stuff
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Regardless of how much I have lost interest in them, I'm still going to be pretty excited to buy it when it comes out.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Duvall was amazing from what I saw on the Rock Am Ring DVD from 06.
  • The Vacant wrote:
    I'm hoping they record some of the tunes Jerry was playing with his solo band in '04. The Unfillable Hole and One Eyed Jack are simply badass.

Any idea where one could go to hear those two songs?
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    I used to have a copy of the Phoenix '04 show where Jerry opened for Kid Rock. It's a decent audience recording. He played those two and one other new tune, some AIC, Anger Rising, and Brain Damage/Eclipse. Not sure whatever happened to that disc though.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    yeah i doubt it will be anywhere as good as the old BUT...it can't be as bad as the new blind melon songs lol
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Sounds good to me, I look forward to hearing some new music from them. I know a load of people on here will say "it's not the same without Layne", but in my opinion it doesn't need to be the same. I don't care about the label they choose to put on it, be it AiC or whatever else, ultimately it's all about the music, and good music is good music in my book. I don't think there's any danger of people forgetting about Layne any time soon.
    *comes over and gives this guy/girl the biggest hug*
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    The AIC website bothers the shit out of me. The whole site looks so corny and every new bit of news seems to be about a new item for you to buy. It seems like their site is just about them making money. I like how PJ's site is much better.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Mmmm...I'll have to disagree...In the news section they were recently talking about the Baldy being with the recording band, remembering Layne, Jer's leather jacket auction (the money went to the Layne Staley Fund)..yes, they did talk about a t-shirt but afterall fans want that too right?
    In the PJ home page you have a direct link to purchasing the Ames Bros book!!!
    Yes, these bands do sell throught their web site and they do make money out of us! So what? Isn't making awesome music their job afterall??
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"