Guess what?! Scott Wieland has already mucked up.....

Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Scott Weiland will spend the equivalent of eight days behind bars for driving under the influence of alcohol. The DUI sentence was handed down by a Los Angeles Judge, and it requires him to serve the time before May 26. The singer already has commitments booked with Stone Temple Pilots and may have to break up the 190 plus hours of time in the can.

Weiland recently parted ways with Velvet Revolver, who said they'd be carrying on without him. In an interview several years ago, before the band's breakthrough debut album Contraband, bassist Duff McKagan was asked if coming off of Guns N' Roses they've mastered the art of keeping a band together.

Velvet Revolver On Earlier Band Relation Lessons

"Well I think if nothing else we learned how to keep a band together. An analogy: somebody makes a move for you and your first reaction is to jerk. Now you turn towards him and you look and see what he's doing. That's how we do it with the band. If somebody pisses you off or does something, you ask, 'Did he mean that towards me?' You don't react and scream back and yell, and all that stuff. And usually it turns out nobody meant anything towards you, and a lot of things like that. We learn to deal with stuff. We don't knee jerk."

These comments seem prophetic considering Slash's admission that they turned their back on Weiland and didn't communicate with him during their last tour. To some it seems that Weiland had a calm period after joining Velvet Revolver straight out of his rehab stint for drug addiction. Weiland had been troubled throughout his days with STP, being in and out of prison and rehab, and now with his latest incarceration, appearances are that the STP-trouble correlation is continuing. However Weiland was arrested for the DUI late last year when he was still a member of Velvet Revolver.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news/scott_weiland_gets_prison_time_for_dui_stp_unaffected.html
What the fuck is this world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    Poor Scotty! Looks like he's still mad that he isn't a rock legend. It's pretty simple: OD!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Scott Weiland will spend the equivalent of eight days behind bars for driving under the influence of alcohol. The DUI sentence was handed down by a Los Angeles Judge, and it requires him to serve the time before May 26. The singer already has commitments booked with Stone Temple Pilots and may have to break up the 190 plus hours of time in the can.

well thats just too bad for scott isnt it. if i was the judge, id make him serve the 8 days consecutively. perhaps next time he might actually think of the ramifications before he jumps behind the wheel. and quite frankly for his managers to book this tour knowing this court date was in the works shows either complete denial of the consequences and possible outcome or a total lack of respect for the judicial system. was the tour booked hoping he'd just get a slap on the wrist?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I am SHOCKED by this revelation!

Shocked it wasn't coke or heroin.
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Just be available for the Florida stops and I am fine with whatever else you do
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • hopefully scott gets help
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i was shocked by this last week when it was still news!
  • Yeah, this happened in November and he has to serve 8 days which he'll do before the tour starts... this is news?
  • ashtrayrockashtrayrock Posts: 167
    what a fookin' maroon. yer a rock star dipshit, get someone to drive yer drunk, stoopid ass around!

yuppers thats the craziest part of the whole hollywood/rock star story...man, if i was rich i certainly wouldn't be the DD !! hail a cab and pay for his night.

what was he thinking?

damn
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    scott rocks.