Kurt Cobains ashes stolen;

Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Apparantly.

'Kurt Cobain's ashes have apparently been stolen.

According to the News Of The World, the Nirvana frontman's remains – the location of which has previously been kept secret – were taken from the Los Angeles home of his widow Courtney Love.

The ashes were said to have been kept in a "pink teddy bear-shaped bag along with a lock of his hair" and were taken with some jewellery and clothes.

Love is quoted by the paper as saying: "I can't believe anyone would take Kurt's ashes from me. I find it disgusting and right now I'm suicidal. If I don't get them back I don't know what I'll do."

Some of the Nirvana frontman's ashes were previously scattered near his home in Washington State and some at a New York Buddhist temple, with his widow retaining the rest.

She added: "They were all I had left of my husband. I used to take them everywhere with me just so I could feel Kurt was still with me. Now it feels like I have lost him all over again."'

http://www.nme.com/news/nirvana/37013

Courtey Love is so full of bullshit, it's unbelievable.
What the fuck is this world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• she sold him for crack
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    yeah, I'm not buying this either. the whole "I'm suicidal" line was a bit much
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I think Courtney smoked his ashes.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    courtney love is a waste of life like her husband was.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Danimal wrote:
    I think Courtney smoked his ashes.

You can't smoke ashes, she must have snorted them.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Or perhaps baked them in a brownie?
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Someone probably just snorted his ashes because there are probably enough drugs in the them to get everyone high enough to shoot themselves.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Murderers wrote:
    Apparantly.

'Kurt Cobain's ashes have apparently been stolen.

According to the News Of The World, the Nirvana frontman's remains – the location of which has previously been kept secret – were taken from the Los Angeles home of his widow Courtney Love.

The ashes were said to have been kept in a "pink teddy bear-shaped bag along with a lock of his hair" and were taken with some jewellery and clothes.

Love is quoted by the paper as saying: "I can't believe anyone would take Kurt's ashes from me. I find it disgusting and right now I'm suicidal. If I don't get them back I don't know what I'll do."

Some of the Nirvana frontman's ashes were previously scattered near his home in Washington State and some at a New York Buddhist temple, with his widow retaining the rest.

She added: "They were all I had left of my husband. I used to take them everywhere with me just so I could feel Kurt was still with me. Now it feels like I have lost him all over again."'

http://www.nme.com/news/nirvana/37013

Courtey Love is so full of bullshit, it's unbelievable.

So are people who trust the News Of The Wold as a reliable source......
  • if true...disgusting.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    So are people who trust the News Of The Wold as a reliable source......
    I don't. That's why I said 'apparantly'. Oh, how I hate tabloids.
    Murderers wrote:
    I don't. That's why I said 'apparantly'. Oh, how I hate tabloids.

But you believed it enought to call her full of shit.....
    But you believed it enought to call her full of shit.....
    Just because I don't trust the paper, doesn't mean it isn't necassarily true. Not everything the paper puts out is false.
    Murderers wrote:
    Just because I don't trust the paper, doesn't mean it isn't necassarily true. Not everything the paper puts out is false.

Ok, so if it is true, I think it's pretty disgusting that someone would do that. Either way I don't understand your comment at all.
    Ok, so if it is true, I think it's pretty disgusting that someone would do that. Either way I don't understand your comment at all.
    Yeah, so do I. It's sick. It was her suicide comment that provoked me to say that. No need to start a flame war.
    Murderers wrote:
    Yeah, so do I. It's sick. It was her suicide comment that provoked me to say that. No need to start a flame war.

I'm not, I just found your comment to be in poor taste. Who knows how she really feels? I can imagine any widow in her situation would be feeling pretty distraught.
    I'm not, I just found your comment to be in poor taste. Who knows how she really feels? I can imagine any widow in her situation would be feeling pretty distraught.
    Looking back at past events, I feel she's pretty hard to trust.

Fuck it, I guess everyone makes mistake right?
    Murderers wrote:
    Looking back at past events, I feel she's pretty hard to trust.

Fuck it, I guess everyone makes mistake right?

Oh sure. What irritates me most is that people judge her so harshly, and essentially it is based on media portrayals and reports of her behaviour. Of course you can get a vague idea from stuff like that, but it's hardly the full picture - and I wonder if people judge other people quite so harshly? Knowing quite a bit about her background, I am pretty much never shocked by the things she does; a beyond fucked up childhood will do that to a person.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    It's another occasion for me to speak out "OMG How much I hate this bitch o' the world!"
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Oh sure. What irritates me most is that people judge her so harshly, and essentially it is based on media portrayals and reports of her behaviour. Of course you can get a vague idea from stuff like that, but it's hardly the full picture - and I wonder if people judge other people quite so harshly? Knowing quite a bit about her background, I am pretty much never shocked by the things she does; a beyond fucked up childhood will do that to a person.

Dude, she fucked Alan Partridge!

No, but I agree with you.
  • reznors edgereznors edge Posts: 136
    Kurt made the terrible mistake of not taking that awful piece of garbage with him. Free Francis Bean.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    She should've ran after the theives in her "kurt cobain" converse shoes. She probably would've sold him to the guys if they had just asked.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Guess we'll all just have to get used to it coz we aren't gonna get anymore music related news. :p
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Maybe someone mixed them with some marijuana and smoked them
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    courtney love is a waste of life like her husband was.

WTF??!! :eek:
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I don't have a very high opinion of Courtney at all, but if this is true - it does suck that someone would steal the ashes. People are F'N crazy nowadays.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Igottago wrote:
    She should've ran after the theives in her "kurt cobain" converse shoes. She probably would've sold him to the guys if they had just asked.

you're so very right!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    dane wrote:
    WTF??!! :eek:

He was. His music was decent, especially in utero. But He was way too famous. And i hate how die hard fans claim his simplicity or how easy his songs are to play are the reason for his "genious". No they're not, he sucked at guitar, he spent more time acting like a damn fool onstage than he did learning how to play his guitar. This video takes the cake, he looks like an absoulte moron on stage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q4hCKVZL8Ys&feature=related
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    He was. His music was decent, especially in utero. But He was way too famous. And i hate how die hard fans claim his simplicity or how easy his songs are to play are the reason for his "genious". No they're not, he sucked at guitar, he spent more time acting like a damn fool onstage than he did learning how to play his guitar. This video takes the cake, he looks like an absoulte moron on stage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q4hCKVZL8Ys&feature=related

Way too famous? Not really his fault. In Utero isn't exactly Nevermind Part 2: Return Of The Catchy Hooks.

Although he does get a load of praise which seems to stem from the fact that he's dead. Still, I'm not a big fan but he's good.
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Latest sighting....Keith Richards was snorting them.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I find this article really amusing.

A little off topic though, I heard that Kurt Cobain was saying their next record would've been completely different... they would've just changed their style completely. Anyone else hear this, and also, I wonder what it would've sounded like... probably sound like Mudvayne or some shit like that, haha.
    If I could, think I would give in.