Led Zeppelin Booked To Play MSG For 14 Nights?

LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Was on zepp's official website reading the forum pages and someone posted this link.Take it for what it's worth.Looks like my chances to see them for at least 1 show have gone up.Hope this is true! :)

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23137536-7642,00.html
73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :eek:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the only thing better than this is if pj opened each night....:eek: :D
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    cutback wrote:

...And if that happened tickets would be what $$400.00 EACH!

OucHHH.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    cutback wrote:

or the other way around!!! ;)

(to those who would gasp at that---don't get your panties in a bunch!!) :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    g under p wrote:

OucHHH.

Peace

Hell...The Rolling Stones and Madonna charge over $400 a seat for the front floors and they tour every 3-4 years.

I say $1000 for some VIP shit they conjure, $600 for the front floor, and $150 for the nosebleeds. \
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Hell...The Rolling Stones and Madonna charge over $400 a seat for the front floors and they tour every 3-4 years.

I say $1000 for some VIP shit they conjure, $600 for the front floor, and $150 for the nosebleeds. \

You're unto something in that I saw The Who last year in Hollywood Florida and my b-day tickets were $150. but the peeps up front on the floor were going for 4-500 dollers.

Later in the show we went down to the floor and found our way to the 12th row.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    what is the difference...may be the last time we get to see them... money is NOT an object.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    g under p wrote:

OucHHH.

Peace

They are going to be $400 anyway. Start saving now.
    I would gladly pay that to see them at MSG
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Oh my fucking lord if this is true...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    Get_Right wrote:
    They are going to be $400 anyway. Start saving now.
    I would gladly pay that to see them at MSG

good advice i have started a fund just for this ;)...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    good advice i have started a fund just for this ;)...

thats a good move

I think they will do something, but not until the fall or later

similar to Cream

Few shows BIG money
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    oh boy imagine who woul dopen for them to man what a fucking awesome show i saw page and plant in 95 it was awesome
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    As long as it's not this July, sounds fantastic :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    Get_Right wrote:
    thats a good move

I think they will do something, but not until the fall or later

similar to Cream

Few shows BIG money

ok adam let's plan on attending if/when this comes thru two of us trying to get tickets should boost our odd's ...;)
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdlAR4fE0w

Sorry to bring this always, but the man don't seem interested, listen to him talk here 2 weeks ago. Jimmy is desperste, JPJ is desperate, Harvey Goldsmith and Ticket master are desperate,....but not The Plant.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdlAR4fE0w

Sorry to bring this always, but the man don't seem interested, listen to him talk here 2 weeks ago. Jimmy is desperste, JPJ is desperate, Harvey Goldsmith and Ticket master are desperate,....but not The Plant.

can't watch it at work what does he say, does he come of pumpus ....
    can't watch it at work what does he say, does he come of pumpus ....

No, not at all. He is a very gracious man, and puts the case against very convincingly. He's just very aware of how special it all was, and how impossible it is to recreate the past.
    i totally understand what he means like i've said before if he chooses to just leave it at that i think it is really cool one last show to show everybody just what it meant to be the best rock & roll band of our time ,imo...
    i totally understand what he means like i've said before if he chooses to just leave it at that i think it is really cool one last show to show everybody just what it meant to be the best rock & roll band of our time ,imo...

You have the adavantage of having witnessed them in their prime Jose, I don't, but I still get exactly what he means. I like the special way they're remembered, I don't want it spoiled.
    I don't want them to turn into the Eagles, or the Stones or whoever else can't let go of the past.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the thing i respected most about ledzep was, when bonham died they knew he was irreplaceable and so rather than fill his spot with an inferior replacement, they bowed out gracefully.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • There is NOTHING wrong with revisiting the past after so long ...

It's been long enough where there is no disrespect involved... just a few guys celebrating a special time in their lives... you can't just forget the 70's happened because one of your boys died!

Unfortunately this celebration comes with price tags, tshirts and concert tickets, but thats the way of the world... let's this happen... stop making it out to be something bad... its not
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
    jamie uk wrote:
    You have the adavantage of having witnessed them in their prime Jose, I don't, but I still get exactly what he means. I like the special way they're remembered, I don't want it spoiled.
    I don't want them to turn into the Eagles, or the Stones or whoever else can't let go of the past.

you know jamie, i don't think myself or anyone else is expecting 1975 lz......but while they still can do it, i would like to see the original members play they're songs one last time.....i would hope they wouldn't pull a eagles :eek: one world tour and done! :)
    There is NOTHING wrong with revisiting the past after so long ...

It's been long enough where there is no disrespect involved... just a few guys celebrating a special time in their lives... you can't just forget the 70's happened because one of your boys died!

Unfortunately this celebration comes with price tags, tshirts and concert tickets, but thats the way of the world... let's this happen... stop making it out to be something bad... its not

But it will be something bad.
    For all the bands insistence about tickets going to fans via lottery at the O2, I still had to endure seeing Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell poncing around in there when I saw the news clips. That sticks in the throat you know.
    I like what Zepp were, what they are. I don't like it when every fucker I know bangs on about them (even though they aren't really sure what or who they are), like they did in the run up to the O2 gig (and have subsequently stopped, since they've disapperaed back out of the papers), simply because the media decided to make them 'darlings' for the occassion. I don't want them to become the Police, Eagles, Stones, Who, Genesis, Pink Floyd...I want them to remain Led Zeppelin, the great untouchable force that turned water to wine, that captivated and mesmerised people in their day...and walked away when they had to. And Robert has continued in such admirable fashion with his career, it would just spell disaster if he went back to the past. Page and JPJ need saving from their own yearnings, we love them as we remember them, we don't need the Led Zepp 'chicken in a basket' stadium tour...we really don't. Now shut up and leave them alone.
    cutback wrote:
    you know jamie, i don't think myself or anyone else is expecting 1975 lz......but while they still can do it, i would like to see the original members play they're songs one last time.....i would hope they wouldn't pull a eagles :eek: one world tour and done! :)

I know that mate, but they practiced like hell, and they pulled it off for one night. As Robert says in that tv interview (earlier in thread), how is it possible to recreate that kind of 'tension' night after night ? It isn't. No matter how good the intentions...soon it becomes just another night of the tour, it happens with PJ and they'e in their prime! There's nothing to gain from it, and everything to lose. Saying that..if it happens, of course I'll go along :o
    jamie uk wrote:
    I know that mate, but they practiced like hell, and they pulled it off for one night. As Robert says in that tv interview (earlier in thread), how is it possible to recreate that kind of 'tension' night after night ? It isn't. No matter how good the intentions...soon it becomes just another night of the tour, it happens with PJ and they'e in their prime! There's nothing to gain from it, and everything to lose. Saying that..if it happens, of course I'll go along :o

ok nothing to gain for them maybe, but what about us? selfish? yes but i don't give a shit......i wanna see some zepp!!! :D:D
  • I'm saving a weeks vaction time to see zepplin. If they come to the US I'm there. Later Yostarama