Modern Bands

MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
edited July 2008 in Other Music
I've been trying to find some good, brand new music to get into. I already love KOL and I know all about the indie scene and all that. But I can't really find anything to get into. Suggestions?
I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
-Reagan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    three words: my morning jacket
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I've pimped them a lot, but I just saw them again tonight. Back Door Slam is fucking amazing.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Raconteurs
    The Heliosequence
    Vampire Weekend
    NERDS!
  • MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Oh yeah and I like Raconteurs as well. ;)

I DID like Wolfmother, until they fell off the face of the earth.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Menomena is another good band as well.
    NERDS!
  • Tubby Boots...? ;)

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks. Sonic Youth is still putting out great albums. The Mars Volta.