Days of the New

HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Anyone a fan?
Know anything about their new album that is supposed to be released?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Wow!
    I thought they finished...
    I tried to get some music of them, but i couldn't. Maybe here is more difficult
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • days of the new is one of my favourite bands, and in a way i find it kinda cool that hardly anyone else i know has a clue who they are!!

love all the albums - the only thing i can say i heard about the new stuff is that travis went into rehab and has come out clean and healthy but was having trouble finding a label to take him on. no idea how true that is but i hope to hear some new stuff soon, the man is a genius.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    **races excitedly into thread!**

A NEW ALBUM???????? BRING IT ON!!! :D

I love these guys! Love em! :)

How could you not? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY57T9kbLBo
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    From wiki,

Resurgence

In September 2005, Meeks declared sobriety, and resumed writing for a fourth Days of the New record, with the tentative color being Purple. After relocating to New York to reunite with Ray Rizzo, they began touring. In October 2007, the band entered a studio in New York to begin work on Purple. It has been hinted that the record may be recorded and released independently, giving the band artistic freedom and less pressure to be commercially successful. The record is said to have a stripped-down sound, similar to the style found on "Orange". Some of the songs likely to be tracked for the record include "Superhero", "Touch Of Anger", "Sanctuary", "One Foot Ahead", "Crying In A Bucket", and "Eating Crow".

I hope so....!!!!!!!!!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Literally just got into these guys. Heard Touch, Peel and Stand on the radio and was just like what song is that!!! Whose vocals are those blasting that awesome chorus! Just got their first album and its pretty good. Some good post grunge acoustic rock!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • mxaaronmxaaron Posts: 92
    HushBull wrote:
    Anyone a fan?
    Know anything about their new album that is supposed to be released?

Just saw them tonight. Travis is definently a talented musician, and put on a good show. Of course he played all of the hits, but also some new stuff as well. I look forward to picking up the new album (which I think is the "purple" album).

They are on tour now, so check them out if you have a chance!