John Frusciante adoration.

HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Anyone else deeply in love with his solo material?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Indeed. Shadow's Collide is my fav by him, i (try to) listen to Chances at least once a day.

:)
  • rvprvp Posts: 779
    yes!
    fuera de este mundo
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    My best friend is obsessed with John. I like a lot of his stuff. Smile from the streets you hold is my favourite album.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I'm a huge fan. Inside of Emptiness is probably my favorite of his solo albums, although I love the Weirdness of Niandra Lades as well. I also really love the Ataxia stuff he did with Joe Lally.
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Love it all

The Will to Death is my personal fav
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • The Song RICKY makes me grin like a total doofus!

I love John Frusciante! he makes the Chili Peppers...pepperier! I really can't get enough of Shadows Collide! great stuff there!

I saw him live, and he is just incredible! and so goofy-timid-idiot/savantish! hahaha
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • yeah he is amazing, i love how all his albums have a different feel/style makes them all really unique...i saw the peppers for the first time in 07 and i had trouble watching anything but him, id love to see him live solo.

the will to death and to record only water for 10 days are stand outs for me.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    The Song RICKY makes me grin like a total doofus!

I love John Frusciante! he makes the Chili Peppers...pepperier! I really can't get enough of Shadows Collide! great stuff there!

I saw him live, and he is just incredible! and so goofy-timid-idiot/savantish! hahaha

When did you see him live?

I saw him on the Nuttstalk tour in 97, before he rejoined the Peppers. It was pretty cool. It was a small traveling festival with Thelonious Monster, Arik Marshall, Frusicante, and a jam band with members of Fishbone. He was still kind of messed up on drugs, and he really hadn't learned to sing yet - he just kind of screamed, but his playing was amazing. He did My Smile is a Rifle with an unbelievable guitar solo and covered Nirvana's Pen Cap Chew. He also played lead guitar with Thelonious Monster and just tore it up.

My dream is for him to start a band with Eric Avery from Jane's Addiction on bass, Jack Irons on drums, and Mark Lanegan singing lead.
  • hendrix78 wrote:
    My dream is for him to start a band with Eric Avery from Jane's Addiction on bass, Jack Irons on drums, and Mark Lanegan singing lead.

oh my fucking goooood that is a dream lineup !!! good call!!!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Probably the most melodic guitar player going these days
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    besides these solo releases, he has a band called Ataxia with Josh and I believe the drummer from Fugazi, and they have released 2 albums, Automatic Writing and AWII

they are worthy of your investment too
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • hendrix78 wrote:
    When did you see him live?

I saw him on the Nuttstalk tour in 97, before he rejoined the Peppers. It was pretty cool. It was a small traveling festival with Thelonious Monster, Arik Marshall, Frusicante, and a jam band with members of Fishbone. He was still kind of messed up on drugs, and he really hadn't learned to sing yet - he just kind of screamed, but his playing was amazing. He did My Smile is a Rifle with an unbelievable guitar solo and covered Nirvana's Pen Cap Chew. He also played lead guitar with Thelonious Monster and just tore it up.

woah, that would be an awesome band!

I saw him in LA when "Shadows Collide" came out.

it was so awesome!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • hendrix78 wrote:
    That would be amazing!!!
    I absolutely LOVE his solo work. Favorites are Shadows Collide.. and The Will to Death, but I really like all of his solo records. Also love the Ataxia stuff.
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I love John. My favorite album of his is probably To Record, or Niandra. It's too hard though!

Inside of Emptiness is great if you wanna rock out too.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    my favorite songs are Going Inside, With no one, the First Season and Time Goes Back
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    i like the song hes on from the new wu tang album '8 diagrams', i beleive its called windmill.
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Mohab wrote:
    i like the song hes on from the new wu tang album '8 diagrams', i beleive its called windmill.
    It's The Heart Gently Weeps. The song features an interpolation of the Beatles song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", played by John.
    What the fuck is this world?