Silverchair, new song and dance.

HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
edited January 2008 in Other Music

So a friend of mine burned me a couple of different albums. The first being In Rainbows by Radiohead...cool, right? Right. The other cd was Silverchair, I thought it was a mixup at first. I like this guy,a coworker of mine, so in order to not embarass him...I took it. First up Radiohead, good cd...as usual. Then I figured...me's needs more news musics. So, I popped in Young Modern by err, Silverchair. Expecting the same rehashed guitar driven growling rock, I was met with something that was refreshingly different. There is some backstory to how they burrowed their way out of mediocrity, wiki it. Anywho, check out the new album- Young Modern... also their myspace
* also, it should be noted, the lead singer did all of the orchestral arrangements.

http://myspace.com/silverchair
I absolutely adore the song If You Keep Losing Sleep, amazing!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xgb9iqO_pv4
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HushBull wrote:

So a friend of mine burned me a couple of different albums. The first being In Rainbows by Radiohead...cool, right? Right. The other cd was Silverchair, I thought it was a mixup at first. I like this guy,a coworker of mine, so in order to not embarass him...I took it. First up Radiohead, good cd...as usual. Then I figured...me's needs more news musics. So, I popped in Young Modern by err, Silverchair. Expecting the same rehashed guitar driven growling rock, I was met with something that was refreshingly different. There is some backstory to how they burrowed their way out of mediocrity, wiki it. Anywho, check out the new album- Young Modern... also their myspace
    * also, it should be noted, the lead singer did all of the orchestral arrangements.

http://myspace.com/silverchair
    I absolutely adore the song If You Keep Losing Sleep, amazing!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=xgb9iqO_pv4

Sorry man but "If you keep losing sleep" gets my vote for worst song of last year.
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    Young Modern is a good album but when they released 'If You Keep Losing Sleep' as a single in Australia it negatively affected album sales.

It is not a great song amongst some very good ones.

Check out my Silverchair live footage: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=twojawas&search_query=silverchair&search=Search
  • couldnt get into it. good try though.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    If You Keep Losing Sleep is one of my favorites on the new album. I think it's a great song, but not a good choice for a single.
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    I agree that If You Keep Losing Sleep isnt near the best song, figured it was the most instantly accessible though. Apparently not in australia. ^ Though what do record sales really say about a song, nothing to me.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • best song on the album. second is Mindreader.

if you havent heard the band since Frogstomp, then wait til you check out Diorama and Neon Ballroom...f'in amazing!
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    I hate how people always try to apologize for Frogstomp and Freak Show. They were fucking 15 year old kids or whatever back then. Of course their music lacked the maturity and polish that it has now. But that's no reason to write those albums off. They were still remarkably good for 15 year olds.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • RockKing wrote:
    I hate how people always try to apologize for Frogstomp and Freak Show. They were fucking 15 year old kids or whatever back then. Of course their music lacked the maturity and polish that it has now. But that's no reason to write those albums off. They were still remarkably good for 15 year olds.

Who wants to apolgize for those albums? Those by far are my favorites from the band. The last two albums have stunk. I can't even listen to them. There are maybe a total of 3 songs i can listen to off the last couple albums. I wish they would go back to sounding like Frogstomp and Freak Show.
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    Who wants to apolgize for those albums? Those by far are my favorites from the band. The last two albums have stunk. I can't even listen to them. There are maybe a total of 3 songs i can listen to off the last couple albums. I wish they would go back to sounding like Frogstomp and Freak Show.

People are always apologizing for them. "Oh, hey, yeah, I know Frogstomp and Freak Show were horrible pieces of unlistenable garbage....but you should check out their last 2 albums." I guess I don't see the need for it. I think the new stuff is fantastic, but the old stuff was cool for what it was, and really was probably neccessary for the band to get where they are today.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    RockKing wrote:

Both albums were better than the dogshit they are releasing nowadays
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Both albums were better than the dogshit they are releasing nowadays
    Hehe, Diorama is the best album the've done, and Young Modern is my fav album last year .
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • was a big fan of silverchair as an impressionable teen.

however i grew away from the first two albums cos they're a bit crap but neon ballroom is quite good. full of pretty cool pop-rock or whatever...

except for anthem for the year 2000 which is an embarassment to mankind.

their new stuff such as diorama and that other new one what name i can't remember suck... dunno what danny boy is trying to do but whatever it is... it sucks... imo... sorry to be negative...

VIVA NEON BALLROOM
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel