Take me back Homme

HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
edited July 2008 in Other Music
He needs to release something soon. I don't care which outfit it is with, I just need some hooks.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    In due time.

He said in an interview that there was a lot of songs left over from Era Vulgaris that they wanted to put out early this year but the record label didn't want to put anything about at that time.

So there are tracks to work with! I can see something in November or December.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    In due time.

He said in an interview that there was a lot of songs left over from Era Vulgaris that they wanted to put out early this year but the record label didn't want to put anything about at that time.

So there are tracks to work with! I can see something in November or December.

Yea, that... the Eagles of Death Metal. Another Desert Sessions, also, where is the Salt Mine dvd?
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Homme needs to put out a solid album for me to pay attention again. I love all the Kyuss albums, lots of the Desert Sessions songs, the first Eagles of Death Metal album, and the first three Queens albums, but there is a noticeable dropoff in the quality of the last two QOTSA cds.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
    gleemonex wrote:
    Homme needs to put out a solid album for me to pay attention again. I love all the Kyuss albums, lots of the Desert Sessions songs, the first Eagles of Death Metal album, and the first three Queens albums, but there is a noticeable dropoff in the quality of the last two QOTSA cds.

Lullabies to Paralyze is probably my favorite of QOTSA. Era Vulgaris I like a lot too, pure ear candy.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    HushBull wrote:
    Lullabies to Paralyze is probably my favorite of QOTSA. Era Vulgaris I like a lot too, pure ear candy.

I continue to like where their sound is going
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    HushBull wrote:

The first three QOTSA cds I could listen to repeatedly and find something new to like all the time. Even years after they came out. I don't get that out of the last two, but more especially Era Vulgaris. Now that I've seen them 5 times and have seen the vast majority of the songs I like live, it will take a really good album to get me back to their concerts.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Lullabies to Paralyze is just a sick album....Rated R just perfect from beginning to end.....

And Songs for the Deaf.....Is pure madness!!!Song For The Dead...Castillo gets evil!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    anything Homme has done is pretty amazing

IMO he is one of the few people keeping rock music alive~
    lephty wrote:

YES!
    lephty wrote:

I have this small cutout picture from a magazine (don't know which one) where it's Ed-Ved-on guitar,Dave grohl on drums,Beck on guitar,JOSH on guitar, and with ughhhhh Jack Black on guitar and singing. For 2005 relief benefit for tsunami victims ...minus black are what help drive great rock music now no doubt...
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    release30 wrote:
    I have this small cutout picture from a magazine (don't know which one) where it's Ed-Ved-on guitar,Dave grohl on drums,Beck on guitar,JOSH on guitar, and with ughhhhh Jack Black on guitar and singing. For 2005 relief benefit for tsunami victims ...minus black are what help drive great rock music now no doubt!!!!

that's awesome! though do you mean Jack White from The White Stripes or Jack Black from various somewhat funny movies?

that list of musicians makes me think that Mike Watt should make another crazy album with the latest grouping of the Who's who in rock music!

"The kids of today should defend themselves against... today" could be the first single!
    It's Jack Black...Only rock blemish in picture....lol
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    release30 wrote:

And Songs for the Deaf.....Is pure madness!!!Song For The Dead...Castillo gets evil!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Dave Grohl mate. Grohl gets evil!!!!:)

Castillo only drums on the last two records.

And yes QOTSA are currently my fave band bar none, I cant get enough of them at the minute and seeing them live back in March only affirmed this for me even more, In The Fade live was emotional, Suture Up Your Future absolutely mind blowing and Infinity well the icing on the cake(which no one shit on that night).
    The more QOTSA releases the better I say, love all 5 of the albums, Desert Sessions, Lanegans Bubblegum record(which features a lot of the QOTSA members) and I'm really looking forward to Spinnerette, which is sure to feature all the usual suspects from Queens records as well Alain and Natasha(RIP) are both listed as full members on the myspace along with Jack Irons and Brody Dalle, could be some crazy shit.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.

And yes QOTSA are currently my fave band bar none, I cant get enough of them at the minute and seeing them live back in March only affirmed this for me even more, In The Fade live was emotional, Suture Up Your Future absolutely mind blowing and Infinity well the icing on the cake(which no one shit on that night).
    The more QOTSA releases the better I say, love all 5 of the albums, Desert Sessions, Lanegans Bubblegum record(which features a lot of the QOTSA members) and I'm really looking forward to Spinnerette, which is sure to feature all the usual suspects from Queens records as well Alain and Natasha(RIP) are both listed as full members on the myspace along with Jack Irons and Brody Dalle, could be some crazy shit.:)

I though about pointing this out...
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176

:)

Yes, that was angst in a can. It's definitely one of the things that makes that whole album outstanding.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~

Yea but Joey can sure play dem songs GREAT live!!!!

Any chance of Nick playing with them again??
  • pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    I wish this band still had Mark and Nick in it. I saw them in Vegas a few years ago with the new lineup and it blew.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
    pr4mojo1 wrote:
    I wish this band still had Mark and Nick in it. I saw them in Vegas a few years ago with the new lineup and it blew.

That's funny, I saw QOTSA last year and they absolutely killed. I saw them in a small club during the Era Vulgaris tour. Everybody there seemed to enjoy it greatly, dancing and getting all sweaty.
    I have seen both line-ups and they both were good...But..I prefer them with Nick...But will take Josh with whatever lineup he chooses...
  • jsk175jsk175 Posts: 70
    They just completed a huge world tour for Era Vulgares, so I would think a little down time is in the picture before any new stuff. Soon enough though. Always worth the wait.