What Does Music Mean To You?

ilovesingingilovesinging Posts: 255
edited August 2008 in Other Music
I don't know if I put this topic in the right place or not. But anyways,I've been wanting to make this thread. Music brings happiness to me. Music makes me dance,sing,smile,sometimes cry,bob my head. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a song. Sometimes I'm on youtube so much listening to music,I didn't know that the hours have passed,or the hours that have passed by have felt like minutes. Music means happiness and fun to me. Bad music on the other hand just makes me angry.
To Someone Who Needed To Move Their Car:"Congratulations! You win,you get towed!"-E.V.

ilovesinging-The crazy lady that you catch in detention. Yeah,you can talk to me.
I am me-I would love to keep it that way.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i don't know what my life would be without music.My IPOD is the best thing ever created!!! lol
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    it means everything to me.
    so important, i cant really explain it all.
    but if i were to talk about its effects on me, I think i'd use up about 5 pages, maybe more!
    whether its listening or playing, it takes you away, its such an escape.
    and we all need an escape
    it helps me get through life
  • samjam wrote:
    but if i were to talk about its effects on me, I think i'd use up about 5 pages, maybe more!
    Yeah,I think music is an escape to another world too. :)
    To Someone Who Needed To Move Their Car:"Congratulations! You win,you get towed!"-E.V.

ilovesinging-The crazy lady that you catch in detention. Yeah,you can talk to me.
    I am me-I would love to keep it that way.
  • samjam wrote:

Pretty much this :D And yes the iPod is the greatest thing ever - I would be lost without mine.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I would be unbearably sad all of the time.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • What doesnt it mean to me is the question. The end part of Almost Fmaous captures it perfectly, asked by William Miller, what he loves about music, the guy responds, "well to begin with...everything".

music keeps me going. I wake up in the morning because of it. It gives me a purpose. It is my life. Plain and simple.

The special moments are when you feel part of a scene, whether thats grunge or the current indie scene and you feel like you are floating, like someone understands, like you belong.

I wouldnt be here without music, and I dont want to live in a world without it.

I have had religious moments at concerts, concerts where you know the night is special, where even the opener is mindblowing. Nights where the guitars are basically talking or strumming your life story. The mere chords are evoking your life and whats happening.

Its what I think about all day and all night. I need it. If I am not at a show, I want to be at one.

What does music mean to me? Everything.
  • when you feel that moment, that moment of a song, band, album or scene, where you feel like it speaks to you, and speaks about you, thats it right there folks. thats heaven.

Music makes me feel like I can do and accomplish anything. Those special concerts where you feel like you arent walking out of the venue, but are floating out.

To feel like Explosions in the Sky capture my life currently in a mere few chords, its a pretty incredible experience
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    When everything else in your life falls apart...........music is still there :)

I wouldn't stand a day without it !

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    to begin with?......EVERYTHING.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • the escape that breathes reality back into my world.

and stuff.
    (i like music)
  • What doesnt it mean to me is the question. The end part of Almost Fmaous captures it perfectly, asked by William Miller, what he loves about music, the guy responds, "well to begin with...everything".

music keeps me going. I wake up in the morning because of it. It gives me a purpose. It is my life. Plain and simple.

The special moments are when you feel part of a scene, whether thats grunge or the current indie scene and you feel like you are floating, like someone understands, like you belong.

I wouldnt be here without music, and I dont want to live in a world without it.

I have had religious moments at concerts, concerts where you know the night is special, where even the opener is mindblowing. Nights where the guitars are basically talking or strumming your life story. The mere chords are evoking your life and whats happening.

Its what I think about all day and all night. I need it. If I am not at a show, I want to be at one.

What does music mean to me? Everything.

Yeah....what he said....exactly.... :)
  • when you feel that moment, that moment of a song, band, album or scene, where you feel like it speaks to you, and speaks about you, thats it right there folks. thats heaven.

Music makes me feel like I can do and accomplish anything. Those special concerts where you feel like you arent walking out of the venue, but are floating out.

To feel like Explosions in the Sky capture my life currently in a mere few chords, its a pretty incredible experience

Again....what he said.....right down to the explosions in the sky part....i feel like my entire life, my entire being, my entire relationship with myself and everyone or anything i've ever encountered can be summed up in the song "first breath after coma."

To quote/alter the cheesiest line from a movie ever....."Music completes me."
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Music means everything to me. It tells me who I am. I download the latest top hits simply to impress the people around me. Once those songs aren't cool anymore, I download the new cool songs and put them on my ipod. I go to one concert every few years, and that's only if a bunch of my friends are going and we know the artist is cool.
    I have never bought music and think it should always be free for download. Also, I went to this concert called "eddie Veder" and was so bored I just got drunk and started yelling really loud. That guy was so old. Why was I there? I dunno, some of my friends listened to this guy like 20 years ago. Then I went home and watched American Idol, which I knew would be cool because its on TV. Also, I'm hearing of this new artist that did a project with Timbaland...this guy seems pretty old too, but since Timbaland worked with him its probably good. As long as I can dance to it at the club, its great.
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    Music makes my world go around
    Without it I probably wouldn't be here
  • I dunno....whatever it means, it's something really really good. That's all I really care about :P
  • Everything.
    Where I'd be without it??....maybe a gutter???
    It's the universal language. It makes the world go around. It's the sunshine of life
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    an escape from a life not wanted. it soothes my ills and calms the beast.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Memories, both positive and negative.

Mike patton once said he loved record shopping because it may take 5 mins or 3 hours but you are guaranteed to find something that'll change your life.

Always think of that when i'm out in a record shop.