Neil Young Tickets

McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
edited August 2008 in Other Music
I was real excited to see the announcement that Wilco will be appearing with Neil Young at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto until I noticed tickets are $48.25 to $248.25...looks like I'll be sitting in the rafters for this one
buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    Makes the $75-$85 for Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder seem like a real bargain :-)
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • yeah 50$ tickets it is !!!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Last time around they were just as hard- actually harder- to get than the EV tickets.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    anyone have a presale password??????

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • To be fair, the cheap tickets are the general admission floor tickets....so he made the up-close tickets affordable for young fans, and made the reserved tickets for old fuddy-duddys super expensive.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    I have seen Neil twice, both disappointing. Definitely not worth the money.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
    Last time around they were just as hard- actually harder- to get than the EV tickets.

the fact that it was at massey hall as opposed to acc has a lot do with that
    To be fair, the cheap tickets are the general admission floor tickets....so he made the up-close tickets affordable for young fans, and made the reserved tickets for old fuddy-duddys super expensive.

are you sure about that?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,863
    damn
    I swore Id never see another show with $200 tickets
    But this could be an exception, two of my favorite live acts
  • McJuicy wrote:
    are you sure about that?

Well, I'm not sure that they'll be the $50 tickets....but I am 100% positive that IF the floor is general admission....which it is for the U.S. tour dates, then the floor ga tickets will be between $50 and $80 + fees.
    Well, I'm not sure that they'll be the $50 tickets....but I am 100% positive that IF the floor is general admission....which it is for the U.S. tour dates, then the floor ga tickets will be between $50 and $80 + fees.

sorry to bug you, but how do you know the floor is GA?
  • McJuicy wrote:
    sorry to bug you, but how do you know the floor is GA?

Just trust me. ;)
    Just trust me. ;)

no offense, but i highly doubt that the floor will be General Admission, BUT I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT!
  • PJBuckeye wrote:
    I have seen Neil twice, both disappointing. Definitely not worth the money.

What-Ever!!
    When that man picks up the guitar, it's no fucking joke.

It's not all about "Be on my side, I'll be on your side."
    Do some homework.
    The shows are amazing.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
    I heard on the Radio here in Toronto that the Floor will be General Admission and the ticket price is $75.

Here is a billboard article about the tour.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003840312

Kind of interesting that there is no opener specified for the Chicago show.
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge
    03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
    05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
    06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
    07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
    08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
    09: Tor
    10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
    11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
    12: FLL(EV)
    13: Pit, Buf, Cal
    14: Det, Den
    15: NYC
    Royals17 wrote:
    I heard on the Radio here in Toronto that the Floor will be General Admission and the ticket price is $75.

Here is a billboard article about the tour.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003840312

Kind of interesting that there is no opener specified for the Chicago show.

i'll eat my words now
  • McJuicy wrote:
    i'll eat my words now

And I will feed them to you with a spoon! lol I was surprised when I heard it too. The GA floor is the exact reason he got a young band to open for him....instead of a more "mature" band with older fans who don't want to stand. He's coming to Omaha with Death Cab as well, and I can't wait!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=21965

here is an article i found with the ga $75 info. i also saw an article from a newspaper here talking about it.
    http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=21965

here is an article i found with the ga $75 info. i also saw an article from a newspaper here talking about it.

thanks for the article, still eating my words
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    eat them with some ice cream and chocolate sauce and it will all be good. lol :)
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    When I first heard the ticket prices, I was a little discouraged, but I read the press release yesterday and after seeing that the floor is $75 and GA, I couldn't be happier
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    How difficult do you figure it will be to get some GAs? Assuming I'm trying the day of sale, and I've gotten everything I've tried for so far?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V