Foo Fighters Last Night @ Msg

RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
edited February 2008 in Other Music
WOW!!! what a show...I work for the NY Rangers so I had credentials to get me on the floor. I was with my gf and hadno intentions of trying to get up front. So we hung out all the way in the back with about 15-20 other people just drinkning beers and watching from the back of GA...an hour into the show a stage comes down from the ceiling right in front of us!!! The Foos moved the show to that stage and did a 6 song acoustic set with me now literally less than 10 feet from Dave...They played every song you know and really rocked the garden...if you have a chance to see them check em out...It was the 1st time they ever playerd MSG...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i want to see them
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • WOW!!! what a show...I work for the NY Rangers so I had credentials to get me on the floor. I was with my gf and hadno intentions of trying to get up front. So we hung out all the way in the back with about 15-20 other people just drinkning beers and watching from the back of GA...an hour into the show a stage comes down from the ceiling right in front of us!!! The Foos moved the show to that stage and did a 6 song acoustic set with me now literally less than 10 feet from Dave...They played every song you know and really rocked the garden...if you have a chance to see them check em out...It was the 1st time they ever playerd MSG...

I wish I could have gone to all the shows this week!
  • I wonder if the Spectrum is outfitted for this type of thing? :) Glad you had fun. I'm excited to see them tomorrow. We recorded that FUSE presentation of the MSG show, but don't want to have any "spoilers" of our show in Philly, so I'll wait until afterwards to watch it.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • 13PJ13 wrote:
    I wonder if the Spectrum is outfitted for this type of thing? :) Glad you had fun. I'm excited to see them tomorrow. We recorded that FUSE presentation of the MSG show, but don't want to have any "spoilers" of our show in Philly, so I'll wait until afterwards to watch it.

I don't know about the philly spectrum, but if they can do it at worcester dcu center, they can do it anywhere.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    don't forget they're on letterman tonight......:)
  • WOW!!! what a show...I work for the NY Rangers so I had credentials to get me on the floor. I was with my gf and hadno intentions of trying to get up front. So we hung out all the way in the back with about 15-20 other people just drinkning beers and watching from the back of GA...an hour into the show a stage comes down from the ceiling right in front of us!!! The Foos moved the show to that stage and did a 6 song acoustic set with me now literally less than 10 feet from Dave...They played every song you know and really rocked the garden...if you have a chance to see them check em out...It was the 1st time they ever playerd MSG...

I was there too, but in the blue seats (they would be for a ranger game at least), great show.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Was there too. Thought the show was ok.
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    I watched the MSG show, commercial free, on FUSE last night. It's funny, they kept advertising the show as being live, when it obviously wasn't. At one point they're on the big stage, then the next second they're on the small stage in the middle of the crowd. Also, it was only an hour long.

Still it was fun to watch. I've seen them twice and I'd like to go again.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Great show, I was in the blue seats as well.

Sidebar, who is the genius at MSG who thought that it would be a great idea to sell those upper deck press box seats? Where I was sitting a huge fight broke out during the encore, and the folding chairs made for some great props for the combatants. I felt like there was a WWE event going on at the same time as the show.
    Jw
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I flew in for this show and myself and a small crew enjoyed the hell out of ourselves. Not everyone can work that walkway and a B-stage; Foo work it just right. Loved the acoustic set (and Hawkins getting his vocals on) and how Grohl literally worked every side of the room.

And Ms. Jessie is just lovely.

And triangles rock.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Jwmcc wrote:

Sidebar, who is the genius at MSG who thought that it would be a great idea to sell those upper deck press box seats? Where I was sitting a huge fight broke out during the encore, and the folding chairs made for some great props for the combatants. I felt like there was a WWE event going on at the same time as the show.
    Jw

i assume you were on the 33rd street side? i was on the 31st street side and didn't see anything like that going on. glad to see my hockey seat gets treated well during concerts..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

Going to detroit on sunday! Can't wait!
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Jwmcc wrote:

Jw

Those seats are retarded. I sat there for the Police and they're really poorly marked and tough to tell where you're supposed to sit. There's this little number on the table (not the chair) that tells you where you should be, confusing stuff. Also, they sold seats in pairs that were split by the aisle. The woman next to me was on one side of the aisle and the guy with her had a seat on the other side......stupid.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

I am jealous!!! I recorded it, they were amazing as usual!! I am seeing them in Los Angeles in a couple weeks, can't wait!!!! LOVE the Foos!