A band every PJ fan should check out...

w00kiekrispw00kiekrisp Posts: 12
edited July 2008 in Other Music
N.W.A.
I tear up every time I hear "Fuck tha Police," it's just so moving. Their lyircs are esoteric, transcendental, somniferous even.
Clearly, Pearl Jam has been influenced by this extremely talented group of musicians.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    In what way has PJ been influenced by rappers?????
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    N.W.A.
    I tear up every time I hear "Fuck tha Police," it's just so moving. Their lyircs are esoteric, transcendental, somniferous even.
    Clearly, Pearl Jam has been influenced by this extremely talented group of musicians.

really
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    N.W.A.

I hope this is sarcastic. Rap has only brought problems into the world.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Duh, its WMA. Ed was OBVIOUSLY listening to N.W.A when he wrote that song.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • A Patton FanA Patton Fan Posts: 176
    I like Rage Against the Machine's version better.
  • your name is the shit
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    somniferous
    Really?
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Rap has only brought problems into the world.

I hope this is sarcastic.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    extremely talented group of musicians.
    Really???
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    (double post)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • NWA was an amazing band (on record). But I doubt they could deliver it live in those days.

I saw Ice Cube (from NWA) open for Pearl Jam three times and they were pretty decent live. That was during the second year of Lollapalooza.

I'll never forget the first time I heard NWA. My buddy who was the Meat Puppets sound man would blast them prior to the Pups taking the stage. That music was not your little brothers rap. It was tight, rhythmic, hard and the message was fierce. Way ahead of it's time for sure.

To say PJ was influenced by NWA might be a stretch but I'll bet they damn sure enjoyed what they heard when they did.
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051

huh?
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    *weeps at the state of humanity*
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    N.W.A.

Full discussion on them here....http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=292448
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    In what way has PJ been influenced by rappers?????
    Remember tho, they did collaborate w/ Cypress Hill on one track ;)
  • There is a video where Ed is wearing an N.W.A t-shirt and looking through a dictionary looking at N words and proudly acclaims "Niggas With Attitudes" and I've also read articles where Ed says NWA were an influence. It's no doubt NWA was an influence to many early 90's bands.