Townes Van Zandt

pjamdragonpjamdragon Posts: 20
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Great docudrama been running on Sundance lately. Great song writing with heart and feeling. Great compliment to the mood of Into the Wild.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    Too bad I don't get Sundance.:(

I just recently started listening to Townes - I received Delta Momma Blues for Christmas. I mostly became interested in him because a couple of my favorite musicians have covered him. I'm glad they introduced me because otherwise I may never have heard of the guy. I hope more people check him out after seeing your thread.
  • Thanks. Use itunes to sample some of his songs. Sundance and IFC always have interesting, thought-provoking material.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I do most of my music shopping at emusic.com nowadays and they have a bunch of his albums. Do you have a suggestion for the next one I should get? I've been leaning toward Our Mother the Mountain.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I recommend the live 2CD album Live At The Old Quarter. It's one of the best live albums ever made. In addition to great versions of many classic Townes tunes, he tells some jokes between songs. I just listened to disc 1 today on the way home from a weekend trip. Then you can note which songs on the album are your faves & seek out the studio albums they are on.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com