MMJ in Louisville

MyMorningPearlsMyMorningPearls Posts: 73
edited August 2008 in Other Music
so did anyone get to go to the show? how was it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was wondering the same thing! I was at the STP show across the river. Had it not been on the same night, I would have been at the MMJ show.
  • I went last night and it was fantastic. Third time seeing them and this was by far the best!! Seen Pearl Jam numerous times and this shows ranks up there with any show that I have seen, the outside venue by the river witht he full moon shining. So magic!!

They played COBRA!!!!!!!
  • I saw the show at Nashville Riverfront on Friday night and it was absolutely mind blowing :D I've seen them twice at Bonnaroo and totally acknowledged their live shows were amazing but never really got into their music.

Friday night changed it all for me - the show is available on archive.org and sounds amazing!
  • It was U-N-R-E-A-L!!!!
  • ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
    I have seen them twice and each time i left thinking it was the best show i have ever seen.
    "If we werent all crazy we would go insane."
  • Show was amazing. Highly suspicios blew the yellow off my teeth
    This guy wouldn't know magesty if it bit him in the face- Strong bad

www.myspace.com/lastgeneration56
  • It was awesome, I just drank waaay too much. Still badass though.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Caught them in Nashville Friday night for an amazing show, definitely the best live act performing right now. Couldn't make it to Louisville, had tickets but family business came up.

Anyone catch both shows? How did Louisville compare to Nashville?
    the Minions
  • reblfanreblfan Posts: 90
    I went to both shows this past weekend. It's really hard for me to compare the two. Louisville seemed to have the better crowd and they played a bit longer, but Nashville had quite a few Holy Shit! moments (fireworks during War Begun).

Between the two shows I got to hear every song I really wanted to hear except The Bear. Ever since I saw these guys at Bonnaroo I have been hooked. I agree with whoever said that they are the best live band out right now. This weekend was truly a mind blowing, face melting experience.
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
  • FYI... Anyone that missed getting the show poster can order a S/N version from the artist for $40 + $6 shipping. It's limited to a run of 40!

http://madpixel.net/store.html
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Show was amazing. Highly suspicios blew the yellow off my teeth

You know, I saw them 8x with PJ in 06. They do play well, but I never have liked them much; but because of this thread I was listening to clips from the new album, and the ONE song I liked was Highly Suspicious. It sounds kind of like Prince, which is probably why I liked it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    You know, I saw them 8x with PJ in 06. They do play well, but I never have liked them much; but because of this thread I was listening to clips from the new album, and the ONE song I liked was Highly Suspicious. It sounds kind of like Prince, which is probably why I liked it.

I saw them on the PJ Tour as well, but an opening slot doesn't do them justice. They are a headlining act, and when they do man it is awesome.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • I went to both Nashville and Louisville. The consensus among my friends was that Nashville was the better show, but I thought Louisville blew it out of the water. Perfect setlist (Cobra > Steam Engine > Run Thru), perfect weather, perfect crowd.

I also agree that every time I see them, I think it's the best show I've ever seen. They're consistently PHENOMENAL live.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts