Radiohead fans to create Nude Remix

ComfisComfis Posts: 117
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Radiohead is a really innovative band! After the video created by the fans, the band now decided to start project when the fans would create a Nude Remix.

This band always surprises me
My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    It was almost a month ago when Radiohead launched the Contest for the fans remix of the second In Rainbows single, Nude!

The participations are now completed and there are not less than 2239 !!!!
    Amazing?
    This month the Radiohead fans will continue voting for the best Remix!
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Cool I guess, but it isn't very innovative. Trent Reznor has been doing this for a while, and I'm sure there are other bands who were doing this long before him.
  • muppet wrote:
    Cool I guess, but it isn't very innovative. Trent Reznor has been doing this for a while, and I'm sure there are other bands who were doing this long before him.

There are... I heard of this happening in the late 90's/early 00s to be honest.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • it was definitely innovative

Radiohead was the first band to CHARGE THEIR FANS to remix a song.

i guess that was to make up for their failed album giveaway scam
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
    it was definitely innovative

Radiohead was the first band to CHARGE THEIR FANS to remix a song.

i guess that was to make up for their failed album giveaway scam

I wouldn't call the album giveaway a failure or a scam. It was a great idea and everybody loved it.

Besides didn't Radiohead profit off of the fans who ordered the $80 disc box set or whatever the fuck?
  • ok this thred is jus imature. i dnt care how u lisen to ur music wit cloths or not but y teh fuk is they protoming naked remixs? how dos it even mater if ur wering cloths or not?? the musc is prety good n the free ting is col but i jus lost al respec for thme. ew desevre beter.
  • I wouldn't call the album giveaway a failure or a scam.

they only did it as a bait and switch tactic to get people to buy it from traditional stores.

and they refuse to release the sales numbers, and just recently stated they will never ever do it again.

so it can safely be assumed they didn't make nearly as much money as they wanted to, so they gave up on the idea.
    It was a great idea and everybody loved it.

everyone except those who found out it was just a publicity stunt.
    Besides didn't Radiohead profit off of the fans who ordered the $80 disc box set or whatever the fuck?

Who knows. they refuse to tell anyone the sales numbers.

Fucking frauds.
  • they only did it as a bait and switch tactic to get people to buy it from traditional stores.

and they refuse to release the sales numbers, and just recently stated they will never ever do it again.

so it can safely be assumed they didn't make nearly as much money as they wanted to, so they gave up on the idea.

Fucking frauds.
    bait n swtitch? u r the bigest moran on the efing plant. a fre dl is not a bat n switch matet. lern to wikepidia jekle.
    wikepedia wrote:
    In retail sales, a bait and switch is a form of fraud in which the party putting forth the fraud lures in customers by advertising a product or service at an unprofitably low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute is.

N HTF IS GIVIN AWY A RECKOD FRADU????? U MUST JUS LIEK COMPLANING. JEES.
  • ok this thred is jus imature.

So is your spelling.
    they only did it as a bait and switch tactic to get people to buy it from traditional stores.

Fucking frauds.

Dude what are you talking about?

It wasn't a publicity stunt; it was a FREE GIVEAWAY.
    They purposely gave the album away for free.
    Sales numbers do not even factor in for an album GIVEN away for FREE.

"Wow guys, Radiohead gave away an album and didn't release the sales numbers...how fradulent!"

And they definitely made some money off the disc box orders not to mention the sales of tangible copies of In Rainbows.
  • So is your spelling.
    so is repling to a thred jus to potn out somoens gramer. y not coment on the isue at hamnd? comon sens man.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    so is repling to a thred jus to potn out somoens gramer. y not coment on the isue at hamnd? comon sens man.

Sorry I have to agree with the other poster, are you spelling words like that on purpose? Try typing slower.......
  • Dude what are you talking about?

It wasn't a publicity stunt; it was a FREE GIVEAWAY.
    They purposely gave the album away for free.
    Sales numbers do not even factor in for an album GIVEN away for FREE.

No, they gave fans the opportunity to pay what they felt the album was worth.

Free was an option, the same as 10,000 dollars is.

So there ARE sales numbers. Trent did the same thing for Saul Williams and 18% of people paid money. He did the same thing for Ghosts and reported those numbers.
  • No, they gave fans the opportunity to pay what they felt the album was worth.

So there ARE sales numbers. Trent did the same thing for Saul Williams and 18% of people paid money. He did the same thing for Ghosts and reported those numbers.
    u stil dint anser how this was biat n siwtch..... or how is was fradulent to not relese sales nubmers....... or how 9inhc nail relats to ranbowhed at al. wat is ur prolbem?
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    u stil dint anser how this was biat n siwtch..... or how is was fradulent to not relese sales nubmers....... or how 9inhc nail relats to ranbowhed at al. wat is ur prolbem?
    Guess, you don't know Joe. He hates Radiohead with a passion.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241

Fucking frauds.
    Is that Trent Reznor? Or do you just say everything he does?? wtf. :confused::)
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
    No, they gave fans the opportunity to pay what they felt the album was worth.

Yes, they gave people an opportunity to pay whatever they wished, this is true.

However, since one was able to download it for free, it has to be considered a free giveaway. Myself and many others did not pay a cent.

Besides, 18%? That is an extremely low percentage, not high enough to warrant what you are saying.
  • LongRd. wrote:
    Guess, you don't know Joe. He hates Radiohead with a passion.
    i dun care if he hats a band but y he gota talk trsh abut them???

tree qestiosn:

1- HOW is free givaway a biat n swich tatcic?

2-- y dose it mater if they relese salse nubmers n how dose it mak them a fruads??

3--- nobydoy cars abot tent rezner n nin. this is a raidohed thred les leve it that wya.

plz anser thes qs joe.