Nigel Godrich cooperates with Q Tip

ComfisComfis Posts: 117
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Nigel Godrich will work with Q Tip. He will produce his new album.. it is the first time Nigel will produce a hip hop!

Q tip announced this in his interview for Los Angeles Times. What do you think of this choice? To be honest i would prefer him to work with a rock/pop/chill out/alternative band like Air, Beck or Travis, but with a hip hop artist?:O
My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Q-Tip is awesome but you know his music is gonna suck after being on hiatus for that long. Tribe needs to record a new record and go back to the basics.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Q-Tip is awesome but you know his music is gonna suck after being on hiatus for that long. Tribe needs to record a new record and go back to the basics.
    100% agreed

what was his last good record amplified?
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Get_Right wrote:
    100% agreed

what was his last good record amplified?

He hasnt done anything since that and that was almost 9 years ago. The hits were really cool but I was not impressed with the rest of the record. Tribes records went downhill after Midnight Marauders too. I dont understand why rappers cannot constantly produce good records. I like basically every album by many rock bands but alot of rap groups that I once loved started to make music that was just unlistenable (if that is even a real word)
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson