Echo & The Bunnymen

FitzFitz Posts: 169
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Any love on this board for the Bunnymen? Been a fan since early 80's and in my opinion a cracking band.
"First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I love killing Moon, The Cutter and Nothing Lasts Forever...
  • I've only heard a few of their tunes but I could get really into them. First time I heard them was when Killing Moon was in Donnie Darko, one of my favourite films.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    Awesome, Awesome band
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Lips Like Sugar = Yummy
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • FitzFitz Posts: 169
    I've only heard a few of their tunes but I could get really into them. First time I heard them was when Killing Moon was in Donnie Darko, one of my favourite films.

Gawd a few! You should really buy a few of their albums and sample their delights. Have a start with something like Flowers or What Are You Going To Do With Your Life, they are both amazing albums. Their latest 'Siberia' is not bad either, they are one of those bands that have rarely produced bad tracks similiar to PJ actually.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Fitz wrote:
    Gawd a few! You should really buy a few of their albums and sample their delights. Have a start with something like Flowers or What Are You Going To Do With Your Life, they are both amazing albums. Their latest 'Siberia' is not bad either, they are one of those bands that have rarely produced bad tracks similiar to PJ actually.
    What a weird recommendation. It seems a better idea to actually check out their best albums, rather than just their latest. Porcupine and Ocean Rain are the way to go. have you not heard their earlier stuff? you said you were a fan since the 80s...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    What a weird recommendation. It seems a better idea to actually check out their best albums, rather than just their latest. Porcupine and Ocean Rain are the way to go. have you not heard their earlier stuff? you said you were a fan since the 80s...

Yes and I have every album they have ever made inc those you mention along with attending the A Crystal Day - May 12 1984. In my opinion, Flowers and What are you gonna do piss all over Ocean Rain and Porcupine even though I like them especially Ocean Rain. The three I mentioned simply endorses their melodic sound that many, many people seem to love.

For another reccomendation I would also give Mac's Slideling a whirl, that to is a superb album.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Fitz wrote:
    Yes and I have every album they have ever made inc those you mention along with attending the A Crystal Day - May 12 1984. In my opinion, Flowers and What are you gonna do piss all over Ocean Rain and Porcupine even though I like them especially Ocean Rain. The three I mentioned simply endorses their melodic sound that many, many people seem to love.

For another reccomendation I would also give Mac's Slideling a whirl, that to is a superb album.
    Fair enough :) I have never heard of anyone with the same opinion, that's all. Hardcore fan then?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Count me IN :)

I've been on board since they blew me away live, in 1982ish, with their version of Paint It Black

"Songs To Learn and Sing" is an amazing cd