Some bands you might like

Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
edited August 2008 in Other Music
There are some bands that i like but i think that other PJ fans might not like.
Do you like any?

Beck, The Cure, The Doors, Franz Ferdinand, Meat Puppets, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Simon & Garfunkel, Creedence Clearwater Revival

I don't like any of these bands as much as i like PJ, but they are good anyway
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    Do you like any?

Beck, The Cure, The Doors, Franz Ferdinand, Meat Puppets, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Simon & Garfunkel, Creedence Clearwater Revival

beck, doors, RHCP, U2 and creedence are good.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    that´s all you listen to?

here is a list of what you should try to really listen to:

david bowie, led zeppelin, the who, marc bolan and t. rex, peter gabriel, jeff beck (not beck), hendrix, pink floyd, radiohead, and so on ......

if you should see my whole list.....

there´s really good music, just make some time to listen to some of it. I recommend you buy the albums, it makes it a different experience.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
    force-10 wrote:
    that´s all you listen to?

Of course not!!

Alice in Chains, Audioslave, Chris Cornell, Bad Religion, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, The Who, Pete Townshend, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Ramones, Temple of the Dog, Guns N Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Screaming Trees, Beatles, Mudhoney, Foo Fighters, and many more.
    Those ae just some bands i thought that other PJ fans might NOT like
  • KeirKeir Posts: 46
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    Do you like any?

Beck, The Doors, U2 and Simon & Garfunkel (mostly just Paul Simon) are some of my favorites. I've never been able to get into the others for some reason.
  • Pjfanalive wrote:
    Do you like any?

from your list ill take some simon and garfunkel. the rest is meh to i dont like. id actually like to see pj cover a paul simon song. that would be be sweet.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    if you like PJ, Soundgarden, AIC etc listen to Only Living Witness. they coulda/shoulda been the East Coast's answer to grunge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q24XgHO2vTU i was at this show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0xzeCjH2qI&feature=related this song is a monster, filmed at multi angles.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    Do you like any?

Franz Ferdinand blow!
    pretty much all of the others are in my collection :)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    from your list ill take some simon and garfunkel. the rest is meh to i dont like. id actually like to see pj cover a paul simon song. that would be be sweet.

I don't fancy that to happen, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember Ed quite bluntly stating, in the press, his distaste of the guy. he was pretty uncomplimentary about him as I remember.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    Do you like any?

love the doors and RHCP
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • KeirKeir Posts: 46
    jamie uk wrote:
    I don't fancy that to happen, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember Ed quite bluntly stating, in the press, his distaste of the guy. he was pretty uncomplimentary about him as I remember.

Really? Do you have any idea where I can find out more about this?
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    maybe its just me... but ive never been amazed by the doors... theyre definitely the biggest band status wise that i just dont understand... i guess a great deal of their fame has to do with jims personality and legend... but musicwise... just kindof "meh" IMO... standard blues stuff and jims voice is just kindof lounge singery... anyone wanna try explaining to me the appeal? they have a few songs i really like but nothing to warrent the fame they have
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The Doors sound great but I never liked watching them- Jim was just too over the top
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Nobody said White Stripes yet?
    Waiting waiting hee hee
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    Do you like any?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check some of these groups out.....
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Pjfanalive wrote:
    Do you like any?

Like Beck, Cure, Doors, CCR alot. Love RHCP, completely blown away that people here seem to not like them. Don't see how anybody can't appreciate their last three albums. I think most of the haters just want them to be the band they were in 92, and probably didn't listen with an honest ear.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown