• Jeff Buckley
    Oh yeah...good one!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    blind faith
  • clark_kentclark_kent Posts: 166
    To start...

Mother Love Bone

Mad Season

what was remotely influential about either of these bands? the only reason anyone has ever even heard of mother love bone is becos 2 of its members later joined a good band and became famous. otherwise, you'd all be making fun of them along with motley crue and other lame, spandex wearing hair metal bands.
    "You've never been out of college, you don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector... they expect results." -Ray

Denny Crane!
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    clark_kent wrote:
    what was remotely influential about either of these bands? the only reason anyone has ever even heard of mother love bone is becos 2 of its members later joined a good band and became famous. otherwise, you'd all be making fun of them along with motley crue and other lame, spandex wearing hair metal bands.

Yeah I agree. Mad Season is one of my favourite albums but it didn't inspire anyone.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • I chose 'influential' because if I said 'good', or 'great' this thread would have been overrun with "no they're not"..."yes they are" replies, but after these last two posts I guess it wouldn't have mattered what adjective I plugged in there. Oh well...
  • Mike and Layne seemed pretty inspired when they wrote it...^^^^
  • mole1985 wrote:
    Yeah I agree. Mad Season is one of my favourite albums but it didn't inspire anyone.
    Long Gone Day inspired Godsmack, didn't it? ;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I kow a LOT of people that like 'Above' as much as some AIC albums, and MORE than other AIC albums, so if AIC can inspire, so can Mad Season...
    I chose 'influential' because if I said 'good', or 'great' this thread would have been overrun with "no they're not"..."yes they are" replies, but after these last two posts I guess it wouldn't have mattered what adjective I plugged in there. Oh well...

we're all pretty feisty up in here ;)

you're saying one album released, period, as opposed to one good album before disappearing?

jeff buckley is a sure-fire bet i'd say.

if you want to get technical, you could say notorious b.i.g.'s second wasnt released until after his death, but that wouldn't count becos he definitely put the whole thing together before dying.

black star is a good one.

i dig polaris, though almost nobody knows who they are. only one album.
    "You've never been out of college, you don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector... they expect results." -Ray

Denny Crane!
  • Operation Ivy
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    clark_kent wrote:

i dig polaris, though almost nobody knows who they are. only one album.

Is that the Polaris who did the music for Pete and Pete. 'Waiting of October' ect...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    mole1985 wrote:
    Is that the Polaris who did the music for Pete and Pete. 'Waiting of October' ect...

that's the one. i have their cd and it's awesome :)

Denny Crane!
  • edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    Didn't Sublime only have one album? If so, I'd put them on this list. I know there were tons of post-humous releases, however, but that shouldn't count.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Bob Dylan
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    The La's

Denny Gerrard - Sinister Morning
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    cutback wrote:
    blind faith
    That's my answer too....:cool:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • edpearson wrote:
    Didn't Sublime only have one album? If so, I'd put them on this list. I know there were tons of post-humous releases, however, but that shouldn't count.
    Sublime had a few albums actually. They were together for quite a while before Bradley died.
    Sublime had a few albums actually. They were together for quite a while before Bradley died.

I only thought they had that one album, then a bunch were released after his death. But I'm not a fan at all so that's why I asked the question.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

• edpearson wrote:
    I only thought they had that one album, then a bunch were released after his death. But I'm not a fan at all so that's why I asked the question.
    Well, they released '40 oz. to freedom', & 'Robbin' the hood' before their self-titled album. 'Sublime' WAS their first release on a major label, if that's what you're thinking of...
  • RAT!RAT! Posts: 115

Minor Threat

Minor Threat released far more than one album. Your just thinking of there

discography.
    Well, they released '40 oz. to freedom', & 'Robbin' the hood' before their self-titled album. 'Sublime' WAS their first release on a major label, if that's what you're thinking of...

Indeed I was! Thanks for the info.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

• RAT! wrote:
    Minor Threat released far more than one album. Your just thinking of there

discography.
    Their only 'album' was 1983's 'out of step'. The rest were E.P's and compilations.
  • TKDTKD Posts: 163
    If were talking studio, id go with 801.
    three albums total but two were live
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    bovy_j wrote:
    Bob Dylan
    One album, really?

Snot. Didn't influence the best bands in the world but definitely had an influence.
  • drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    edpearson wrote:

They had several before Nowell overdosed and the s/t album went big. I think they're best work is 40ozs to Freedom. Love that CD, especially this time of year.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Their music was largely a heaping pile of steaming donkey doo but Sex Pistols would definitely belong near the top.

I saw Blind Faith mentioned, which I absolutely love, but I think they would fall into the same category as Mad Season.....was what they did really that influential from the standpoint of bringing about a new wave or direction in music?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all