Meat Puppets

fencefacefenceface Posts: 37
edited November 2007 in Other Music
so anyone here get the new meat puppets? I did, i got an autograph poster,pins, and stickers because I ordered it lol.

I like theses guys alot, prob because of nirvana unplugged lol.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You know, I saw them open up for STP back in '94 and really like Too High To Die...I need to explore more of their catalog.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I don't have it yet. I was spinning Up on the Sun the other day though. Absolutely stunning record. some of the best guitar work I've ever heard. perfect sun-drenched desert melodies
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    i have other recently acquired albums to digest first, such as the Meat Puppets' Huevos.
  • Recently saw these guys live at a small club in Ann Arbor. Ive been a huge fan for a long time (after Unplugged like many people.) The show was awesome and well worth the 15 bucks although I was only one of about 10 ppl under 40 in the whole joint. The new stuff was ok but to hear some of the tracks off of too high to die and Meat Puppets II was just amazing. Also, got to meet the brothers after the show and they were pretty cool about everything...and seemed pretty cleaned up drug wise which is a great sign. Go see them if your around your town.

Finally heres a link to a GREAT recording from their show in NYC a few months back...worth the download
    http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=47