Garth's live concert to be shown in cinemas thruout the world

gopolksgopolks Posts: 7
edited October 2007 in Other Music
As you may or may not know, Garth Brooks is doing a nine concerts in Kansas City to promote his Ultimate Hits CD/DVD, which is released on November 6th. His November 14th concert will be shown in cinemas around the world.

How would that work??? Are cinemas set up to show live events, has any other artist done this???

What countries will be taking it???

I know he does some strange things in terms of promotion, I have never heard of this before???

Wouldn't it be too hard to set up???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    gopolks wrote:
    As you may or may not know, Garth Brooks is doing a nine concerts in Kansas City to promote his Ultimate Hits CD/DVD, which is released on November 6th. His November 14th concert will be shown in cinemas around the world.

How would that work??? Are cinemas set up to show live events, has any other artist done this???

What countries will be taking it???

I know he does some strange things in terms of promotion, I have never heard of this before???

Wouldn't it be too hard to set up???

I think most cinemas are all digital.

Can't be that much different from the jumbotrons they have at shows. I say this knowing virtually nothin about it, but in this day and age, I can't imagine bein too big of an undertaking.
  • i saw an INXS things years ago for the Full Moon Dirty Hearts album in my cinema, and they claimed Michael hutchence was gonna appear live by satellite to announce a competition winner (he just said a seat number). i very much doubt that back then it was live, but my local cinema has started showing formula 1 races live, so i believe that they can now show live perfomances.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    That sounds like a really stupid idea. Why watch the concert in a movie theatre and cheer if the performer can't even hear you? That is almost as stupid as... say... watching a sporting event on television screens outside the arena at which the game is being played. It's just pointless.