Eagles or maybe Garth Brooks to do Halftime show?

gopolksgopolks Posts: 7
edited October 2007 in Other Music
It seems Garth Brooks was the front runner to do the Superbowl Half Time Show, but according to some media reports, negotiation's have broken down, and they are now close to signing The Eagles instead.

The NFL have denied they are close to signing anyone.

I think it would be great if they both did it.

It would be good for them. The Eagles have a new album out, and Garth Brooks has his The Ultimate Hits CD/DVD coming out.

The eagles are legends and Garth is a great entertainer.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    at least one group of Eagles have a shot at making the Superbowl!
  • Lol!!!!!!!!
  • Neither. I don't want the NFL half-time show to end up being the washed-up-entertainers hour. The Rolling Stones, I thought, sounded horrible and winded during their set two years ago. Prince was awesome though. Garth hasn't been relevant since he brought out his psycho alter-ego Chris Gaines and I don't think the Eagles have put out anything worth listening to for a good 10-15 years. I can't believe the NFL can't get new, good music to do the half-time show. Why do they have to go from one extreme to another? From crappy-MTV fueled mainstream pop-crap to the Baby Boomer's pop hour? Why can't they get Pearl Jam to do it?
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Neither. I don't want the NFL half-time show to end up being the washed-up-entertainers hour. The Rolling Stones, I thought, sounded horrible and winded during their set two years ago. Prince was awesome though. Garth hasn't been relevant since he brought out his psycho alter-ego Chris Gaines and I don't think the Eagles have put out anything worth listening to for a good 10-15 years. I can't believe the NFL can't get new, good music to do the half-time show. Why do they have to go from one extreme to another? From crappy-MTV fueled mainstream pop-crap to the Baby Boomer's pop hour? Why can't they get Pearl Jam to do it?

They need to get a wide-appeal artist to perform. Believe it or not, the artists often perform for free, just because they get so much exposure!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    gopolks wrote:
    The Eagles have a new album out,
    Is that the new album that you can only purchase at Wal-Mart????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Yep the eagles new album is only avaiable at walmart, while Garth's will be avaiable everywhere.
  • Since the change (janet and timberlake)

Paul - a beatle, you can't do better than that

Rolling Stones - come on, who is bigger

Prince - will that performance ever be topped?

the Eagles or Garth???? - I'd say eagles; very popular, but a step down from the recent performers for sure.

Garth is the forth all time selling artist in America though:

Its Beatles, Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Garth - true. They are also the only ones with over a 100 mil records sold, Garth is in some good company.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown