Metallica concert

halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Today in Chorzów in Poland is Metallica concert. My friends are there. This is the same place where last year (13 june) was PJ show.
Because I was there earlier I was able to lead my friends there. They are as big Metallica fans' as I am (or i wish be called) PJ fan. But this is their first concert of this group. And in one way I wish I was there with them (i like Metallica too).
But the funniest is that, that after almost one year I feel like PJ show was yesterday. After that concert I am still turned on and listen Their music without be boring. And today I don't want to think about my problems, and during my friends have fun on Metallica show right now rather not so far from me, I have fun listening my favourite band reminding that day...
This is really good way to feel good
Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
halszka123@op.pl
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Gotta love the Masters of puppets ;) the kings of metal eh :)
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    Metallica sucks now. Thanks Lars.

Though I hope your pals have a good time at the show
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    great band, seen them twice. First time they played the entire of master of puppets live :D
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    My favourite is No leaf Clover.
    And... I had an allergy of One... there was a time I couldn't listened it. I felt like sick. But then I found it really great song. And many others. They are powerful. but for me there's a little heart in this. The "something" is missed.
    but I like it.
    ... And my friends just called me by a phone and told me, what the concert was. There were many people, more then on PJ show. but i don't care. I prefere simple show without fireworks and REALLY big telebim (is it correct? - I mean big screen). But with the greatest music:)
    Anyway I know what my friends feel now, and I think they won't sleep this night as I didn't once:) And I'm happy because of them.

PS. They told me that was the first show of Metallica in Europe on this tour. M. played songs from Kill'em all, Masters of Puppets, ... and Justice for all and Ride the lighting. But not from Load, Reload or St. Anger. Maybe they know, that these three are not so popular as those older? BTW. Maybe PJ next time (if it will be, I hope...) will play not so "popular" Their songs in Europe like Jeremy or Even Flow (here is one excepion: SOLAT - for me it can be play all the time...)
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    halszka123 wrote:
    But the funniest is that, that after almost one year I feel like PJ show was yesterday.

Same here....exactly 2 years ago I saw PJ for the first time in camden NJ. It certainly does not feel like 2 yrs ago. It is probably because I am an even bigger PJ fan now than I was before and I try to remember all of it as if it was yesterday. Im actually blasting all PJ albums plus lost dogs today and plan on listening to all of them.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i can imagine all the fuckin kids who pissed me off so much there last year will be at it again!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    i can imagine all the fuckin kids who pissed me off so much there last year will be at it again!

dam those young kids jumpin about and having fun......
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Can't wait to see them....never had the chance back in the good ol' days.
    And by the way....And justice for all is the greatest metal album ever....no contest
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    dam those young kids jumpin about and having fun......

ha ha touche
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Metallica is my #2 band, seen them live over 10 times. They havent toured in the US since 04. I've been following them through their live bootlegs and it looks like the Poland show was fantastic. Harvestor of Sorrow, Devil's Dance, And Justice..... I cant wait to download the show.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Can't wait to see them....never had the chance back in the good ol' days.
    And by the way....And justice for all is the greatest metal album ever....no contest
    Definitely the best Metallica album
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    In terms of albums they WERE good until a few years ago.

"Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet..."

Oh boy...
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    Definitely the best Metallica album

IMO Justice is actually the worst of their good albums, they hated jason at first so they turned the bass right down, the album is juts one big ego trip with both Lars and James trying to write better songs than each other.

Master of Puppets>>>Ride the Lightning>>>>Kill em All>>>>...And Justice for All
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    the album is juts one big ego trip with both Lars and James trying to write better songs than each other.
    If you ask me, they need to go back to doing that if that was the case!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    If you ask me, they need to go back to doing that if that was the case!

lmao

good point
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}