slaves and bulldozers

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited April 2008 in Other Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO18jd0bqvM

Best performance of this song. 2/3 into the song chris cornel starts singing "alive". Also, since when does matt play open hand? or whatver its called, you''ll see.
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Very cool video, but what are you taling about with Matt?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Very cool video, but what are you taling about with Matt?

he isnt playing with the right hand on the hihat, hes playing with the left hand on the hihat. Basically, hes playing like carter beauford.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • he isnt playing with the right hand on the hihat, hes playing with the left hand on the hihat. Basically, hes playing like carter beauford.

That's weird.. cus that's how I play. But Matt's right-handed, right? Why's he doing it different here?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    I have a bootleg of this if anyone wants it. It's pretty good.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    fuckin awesome!
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    That's incredible, is it from the Badmotorvideo video?
    I saw these guys in April 1992, in a flea pit in Bristol that makes this venue look like the Hollywood Bowl. It was an awesome, sweat and excitement filled evening I will NEVER forget :D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • jamie uk wrote:
    That's incredible, is it from the Badmotorvideo video?
    I saw these guys in April 1992, in a flea pit in Bristol that makes this venue look like the Hollywood Bowl. It was an awesome, sweat and excitement filled evening I will NEVER forget :D

They played in Bristol? That's great! It's a nice little thing to know about Soundgarden.

I once read a some critic describe them as being like a big slow dinosaur. I love that camparison and it makes me think of that song.
    I love the guitar part at the end of that version... and I miss Kim Thayil. :)
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    They played in Bristol? That's great! It's a nice little thing to know about Soundgarden.

I once read a some critic describe them as being like a big slow dinosaur. I love that camparison and it makes me think of that song.
    I love the guitar part at the end of that version... and I miss Kim Thayil. :)

Yep, Bristol Bierkeller, April 1992....I still got the t-shirt :D what a night, what a night...seriously....what a night :D
    Chris fell into the pit ala Jesus Christ Pose....Kim stayed on stage a full 5 or 6 minutes after everyone, and screeched his guitar to hell and back...Chris pushed his Les Paul against the low ceiling, and pulled every string til it broke.....Incredible gig!!!!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Posted this not too long ago. Sweet vid!
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    never heard chris sing that, that smoothly! normallyin the early days his voice was pitchy live with all the screaming. that was absolutely amaing. alive was awesome
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    he isnt playing with the right hand on the hihat, hes playing with the left hand on the hihat. Basically, hes playing like carter beauford.

It's because Matt's the fucking man.
  • Doodah972Doodah972 Posts: 146
    awesome song and video.
    "I changed by not changing at all"