One Hot Minute

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I hear alot of Red Hot Chili Pepper bashing on this board, me being one of them. But this album kicks serious ass!!! Dave Navarro really made this album COMPLETELY stand out over other RHCP albums. I'd go as far as saying it's not even RHCP, but Jane's Addiction with Kiedis on vocals.

Oh by the way, Warped and Aeroplane has to be the greatest one-two album opener combo I have ever heard. Warped absolutely kicks major ass!!!!!
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I hear alot of Red Hot Chili Pepper bashing on this board, me being one of them. But this album kicks serious ass!!! Dave Navarro really made this album COMPLETELY stand out over other RHCP albums. I'd go as far as saying it's not even RHCP, but Jane's Addiction with Kiedis on vocals.

Oh by the way, Warped and Aeroplane has to be the greatest one-two album opener combo I have ever heard. Warped absolutely kicks major ass!!!!!
    I agree, it's an awesome awesome album, and obviously Navarro brought something very different to the table for it, but I gotta disagree on saying it's like Janes Addiction with different vocals. His work on this is completely different to JA stuff (and much better imo). I think this is really flea's album. The bass drives the songs more so even than on BloodSugar. Coffe Shop, Aeroplane, Transcending, One Big Mob, Falling Into Grace. All very bassy. and I believe Flea wrote lyrics for a few of the songs too as Kiedis was suffering from writers block (and back on the smack)

Anyway, yes - Amazing album and their most underrated work.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    i do like the album but i like fruciante way better than navarro ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I agree, it's an awesome awesome album, and obviously Navarro brought something very different to the table for it, but I gotta disagree on saying it's like Janes Addiction with different vocals. His work on this is completely different to JA stuff (and much better imo). I think this is really flea's album. The bass drives the songs more so even than on BloodSugar. Coffe Shop, Aeroplane, Transcending, One Big Mob, Falling Into Grace. All very bassy. and I believe Flea wrote lyrics for a few of the songs too as Kiedis was suffering from writers block (and back on the smack)

Anyway, yes - Amazing album and their most underrated work.

True, but I think this album sound more like janes, then rhcp. even if this doesnt sound completely like janes.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i think you're right about warped/aeroplane, great opening pair. there's some other really beautiful moments on there too like tearjerker, but overall i think the album just comes across as disjointed & lacking direction. it was an interesting period for the chili's though, i'd much rather pop in one hot minute than stadium arcadium any day of the week, at least they were stepping out of the box a little with that album.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    By far my favorite Chili Peppers album. Its the only one I still listen to.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    that was a great tour as well! I saw them in the United Center in chicago.. dennis rodman came out and introduced them and then they all came out in rodman jerseys. i was 5th row for that one.. amazing:cool:
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Dave is totally different than John of course, but its an underrated cd. Lots of great songwriting. What the heck happened to Dave anyway? He kind of forgot about the guitar playing part of his gig. Panic channel was pretty bland. An early peak, then a fade out.
    butterfly1 wrote:
    Dave is totally different than John of course, but its an underrated cd. Lots of great songwriting. What the heck happened to Dave anyway? He kind of forgot about the guitar playing part of his gig. Panic channel was pretty bland. An early peak, then a fade out.

He married carmen electra. Thats what made him forget about guitar. :D
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I agree that this is Flea's album. I think this is the only one he has vocals on. Deep Kick and Pea are wicked and underappreciated.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457

i agree with you. This albium is BY FAR the best (IMO) RHCP album. I don't kile the other album anymore but this one's still great.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • I'm a big fan of this album. It's a departure from the other stuff and a great rock album.
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    Great album
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • i do like the album but i like fruciante way better than navarro ...

I'll second that
    yosi wrote:

yup, i dont really care for any other RHCP, even the ones before this album. I think this is RHCP's album for people who dont care for RHCP.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • best RHCP album by far.

it's just way more diverse than all their previous funk stuff, and all the pop stuff that followed it.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Pea = best RHCP song ever. I like this album a lot...you can tell it's between their age of funk and rock. It's just not the same without Frusciante though. Still, a really great album.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    ok so last week i listened to it. 2nd time since it's release.
    AND I STILL CAN'T STAND IT!

lol
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    where's the love for "My Friends"? very underrated rhcp song.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • yosi wrote:
    One hot minute... favourite chilis record.
    riot act... fav pearl jam

good taste yosi!
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....